• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How-To Guide: Root the Huawei M835

I.m not sure why, but the loophole (exploit) gingerbreak used to grant root access has been sewn up if you follow the op (original post) super one click is really straightforward. Install pdanet on your comp. install superoneclick, enable usb debugging, plug phone in. Open super one click, hit the ROOT button. Done deal. As far as rom's, I use my phone for work, bugs are a deal breaker. Mate% by Playfulgod has been a blessing on my phone. Stock rom w/o bloatware, underclocked for battery life, and no issues whatsoever. Always remember to make a nandroid backup in a custom recovery first. No need to break this lil toy. Btw, I have rooted, flashed recovery, and flashed mate% on three of these, no issues. Thanks to everyone here. Tokenpoke, Playfulgod, OcnBrz from HTC EVO forums for everything. One more thing, just got done rooting and flashing a T-Mobile Comet with DronixO.four from xdadevelopers forums. F#CK an Iphone, I love my androids, google is the shiznit!

Upvote 0
I know this thread is old but i've been trying to root my huawei m835 for 2 days. I've tried it with this method and all i've could get is an never ending command promt on adb.exe and a not responding on super one click. I'm on Windows 7 home premium, my phone is from a company called Open Mobile, android version 2.2.2, kernel version 2.6.32.9perf. Don't know what else to do please help.
Thank You!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones