• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to hard reset my tablet

A cheapo Shenzhen "MID" tablet shipped from HK. Hard reset which usually gives you the recovery options, is something like hold down a combination of the power button and the volume up or down buttons for about 10 seconds and/or maybe poking a paper-clip into a reset hole on the back. The exact method seems to vary by manufacturer.

Is there anything in the instructions about it? Assuming they're in English, not Chinese. You might have to play around with it, trying various combinations. Suggest trying holding down volume up or down and power at same time for about 10 seconds.

Reactions: aviranx
Upvote 0
A cheapo Shenzhen "MID" tablet shipped from HK. Hard reset which usually gives you the recovery options, is something like hold down a combination of the power button and the volume up or down buttons for about 10 seconds and/or maybe poking a paper-clip into a reset hole on the back. The exact method seems to vary by manufacturer.

Is there anything in the instructions about it? Assuming they're in English, not Chinese. You might have to play around with it, trying various combinations. Suggest trying holding down volume up or down and power at same time for about 10 seconds.

instead of voulme up or down, the volume up is esc
and the volume down is menu.. thats written on the back of
the tablet..
i already tried those things.. will try again.
tahnks :)
edit:
i cant find the combination.. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones