• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006?

Do you mean factory reset, because you should be able to get into basic recovery by holding volume up, menu button, and the power button.

There is a factory reset option in there.

Otherwise removing the battery and putting it back in is also considered to reset your device, just not remove your system and data like a factory reset.

Reactions: premiereeuro
Upvote 0
Hi, I have exactly the same issue, and when I tried to upgrade the firmware using ODIN, the issue is that the phone never starts in "download mode", as required for ODIN to detect it.

You can press Volume+home+Power in any order, but at the end, it always starts in normal mode, not in download, so I cannot use ODIN. Same issue if I try the firmware upgrade via KIES

Any clue ?

Thx much
Oscar

Upvote 0
Hi, I have exactly the same issue, and when I tried to upgrade the firmware using ODIN, the issue is that the phone never starts in "download mode", as required for ODIN to detect it.

You can press Volume+home+Power in any order, but at the end, it always starts in normal mode, not in download, so I cannot use ODIN. Same issue if I try the firmware upgrade via KIES

Any clue ?

Thx much
Oscar

Let the phone sit off for about 30seconds, then hold Volume Down + Home + Power and it should boot into download mode.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification, but still the same; i have followed your explanations but it always restart in normal mode.

Using VolumeUp+Power I am able to access recovery mode, and 3 options appear but I cannot execute any of them; I have tried VolumeDown, Power, Home buttons to execute any of the options, but none of them do anything.

If you have any other clue, I would very much appreciated :thinking:

Thx

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification, but still the same; i have followed your explanations but it always restart in normal mode.

Using VolumeUp+Power I am able to access recovery mode, and 3 options appear but I cannot execute any of them; I have tried VolumeDown, Power, Home buttons to execute any of the options, but none of them do anything.

If you have any other clue, I would very much appreciated :thinking:

Thx

Is your rooted with a custom recovery?

If so you should be able to boot into that recovery and from your recovery whether it be CWM/TWRP there should be an option to reboot > Download mode

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones