• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to have customized notification ringtone?

Jayziac

Jun 18, 2009
This seems like such an obvious thing, but I can't figure out how to use my own customized notification ringtone. I can long press on any music or sound effect and select assign as phone ringtone, but how do I set it as a msg notification ringtone like for when receiving SMS msgs? I have Acer Liquid running Eclair 2.1 btw.

Reactions: Jayziac
Upvote 0
I use ringdroid to edit a clip and when you save it you make sure it is saved as a notification sound. You have the option of saving as, Music, Alarm, Notification or ringtone.

With ringdroid you can select any in and out point from any sounds you have on your phone.

Good little programme.

newb here - is there a way to add a mp3 and then make it my ringtone? the manual doesn't help and I haven't come across any way to do it. perhaps there's a special ringtone folder somewhere?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones