how to have ringtones on sd card used as alerts?

Last Updated:

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The alerts and ringtones don't show up on the list when I go to messaging and gmail and th to pick what I want. How do I make them as an option?

Advertisement
  2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

One way is to use Ringdroid app. It's a free app that lets you make your own ringtones from songs and stuff. Just select the song from your SD card while on Ringdroid, select tht part of the song (or ringtone) you'd like to use and save. It will give you the option of saving as a ringtone or a notification. After it's saved, it will be on your list of notification/ringtones

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

on the sd card make these:

Media/Audio/Ringtones
    Media/Audio/Notifications

tracerit likes this.
  4. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

I did this and added several MP3's but none are showing up in notifications or ringtones. So what do you need to do to get the phone to see them.

PS I have a vibrant.

Never mind, when I detached the USB cable the system did a media scan and they showed up.

5. robinscrest

robinscrest Member

My hubby sent me an mms that says "facebook message" that I want to save as my facebook notification, I have it saved, several times actually...it plays on my phone from memory, ringdroid, wherever, but when I assign it to facebook, it will NOT play. I have the hero. Any suggestions??