How to hide htc senseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. aaronhopkins21

aaronhopkins21 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to hide or remove htc sense without root to get white notification bar

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

3. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

Hide Sense:
    Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Click on "HTC Sense">Clear Defaults>ForceClose
    Then press the home button and choose a different home launcher

4. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Or...just download an app called 'Home Switcher'.

100000x easier, but that will work too^^

Peter123 likes this.
  5. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

What is the benefit of turning Sense off (and switching to stock Android)?

I downloaded home Switcher - its great!
    Peter

6. surgeon0214

Homeswitcher will change the defaults and you can launch what you want, but he asked to turn off sense (as in force close it) and in the settings is the only way I know of. I've forceclosed sense and it hasn't run since. It won't be running in the background this way and save more battery, alot more.

7. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

For some it makes the phone a little more responsive/quicker, and some don't care for the extra "gloss" that sense offers.

8. Peter123

Does the "silent bug" happens as well with sense turned off?
    Peter

9. xx_bishop_xx

To my knowledge, it still happens with Sense off. From what The Nestor says (and this guy knows just about everything), "they" haven't identified what the exact issue is, but that it's more than likely hardware related. Doesn't seem like any amount of software/OS tweeks will help this. You may be able to receive a replacement phone as a result of that bug though. Hope this helps.

10. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Even of you force stop sense it will keep coming back every 10 minutes or so. Refresh your task manager, you will see it. You cant disable it without root.

11. xx_bishop_xx

And still have "silent bug".

12. Peter123

As I mentioned in another post, VZW refused to exchange my phone due to the silent bug. They said it is 100% a software issue and HTC is working on it and we should be receiving an OTA fix sometime. They have no information when. I was told to do a 90 second battery pull each night (not simply a power cycle) and that should help. It does BTW.
    Peter

13. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

There is a lot of user feedback with differing experiences with Sense turned off and Home used, as well as a lot of reports about various 3rd party launchers.

Just to add my experiences: I had Launcher Pro Beta running for about 10 days. Prior to that I had Home running for about three days and tried Helix for one full day.

Going back to Sense, as a comparative measure, taught me that any of the launchers will feel "snappier" or even faster all around immediately after switching from one to the other, especially after at least a couple of days of use in one or the other.

Other visual and configurational differences aside, I came to the conclusion that functionally no launcher was truly faster than any other once they were in use for a while; it was the going to another one that seemed faster on my Eris.

The ability to rotate the home screen to landscape mode, and a few other minor advantages to 3rd part launchers, was not enough to keep me away from Sense; I got rid of Helix, Launcher Pro and chose Sense over Home.

Peter123 likes this.
  14. surgeon0214

Mine has stayed off, Everytime I reboot my phone I go in and turn it off and it never comes up that its on after that

15. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

Mine will OCCASIONALLY pop back up. I always clear defaults, and force close it and it usually, 98 percent of the time, stays closed. I do have another question though. Should we always clear the data? Reason i'm asking it, by clearing default and force closing, you stopping the HTC sense from being your primary UI. But, if i'm correct, sense still runs in the backround. In my brain, if I had widgets running on sense but decided to use launcherpro or another UI, and cleared my defaults, with sense still running the backgroud, are those widgets on the sense UI still running?

Kinda confusing how I addressed that, but do you understand what I'm asking?

16. xx_bishop_xx

Yes. Agreed, I did; however, say they "may" exchange the phone. In terms of VZW, I no longer blindly trust them. I suppose we will just have to wait and see what the result is.