How to hide icons?Support

Last Updated: 2011-07-31 00:16:50
  1. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

Samsung Epic 2.2.1. I'm still pretty new to smart phones, so haven't done a lot of tinkering. The phone is not rooted (not brave enough yet!). I am using Go Launcher.

I'm tired of looking at icons that I'm not going to use, and tired of having to maneuver around them. I understand that for some of the Sprint loaded apps, I cannot delete them without rooting... I just don't want to *see* them.

I picked up Go Launcher because I thought I'd read that I could put apps in a drawer (which I assumed meant to hide), but for the life of me I haven't figured out how to do that. Actually I suspect I'm missing out on a lot of its features because it isn't well documented, and isn't intuitive to this new user.

So bottom line: is it possible to hide/disappear particular icons on this or another launcher? And if so how.., in baby steps, please :eek:.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

The app drawer is just the name of your entire apps list.

But, I do know Launcher Plus has the ability to hide apps in the app drawer. There's a possibility that this is a paid only feature, but I can't test it to find out as I have the paid version.
    V.Lee likes this.
  3. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

Thanks. Note to self: learn nomenclature. Guess I figured that since I jam stuff into a drawer at home to hide it, that should work on my phone too :D.
  4. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

Aha. I found a feature on the Go Launcher menu to hide icons. Duh :)
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I thought it probably have the option but I wasn't sure. Glad you got it sorted :)