How to hide Text Messages from Lock ScreenSupport

1. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

If I have any unread messages they appear on my lock screen, I have tried everything but i can't remove that widget except for reading those messages.

Is there any way to hide it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheGeek

TheGeek Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the same thing; annoying the piss out of me.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Open your messaging app.

Menu/Settings... scroll down to preview message and uncheck the box
  4. TheGeek

Doesn't work; I already tried that.

All it does is remove name/message but still has the annoying yellow box.
  5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

*goes to test*

*rereads OP and realizes I completely misread what you are asking for*

I know that if I have my work email set up on the phone it won't show it (probably device admin stuff?)... not sure if that'll help get anyone on the right trail. :)
  6. TheGeek

Heh, I just turned it back on.

I checked screen too; there are no widgets for it -- I can't find a setting to disable it; been all over the settings menu.
  7. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Settingis in messaging app?
  8. TheGeek

We already talked about that; it doesn't take the yellow box out of the lockscreen; it just simply removes the message and contact and replaces it with "New Message".

Still have stupid yellow box.
  9. chris2k5

chris2k5 Well-Known Member

I would love if I could remove it as well. It feels like a cheap implementation of Apple's messaging notifications on the lock screen but doesn't work as well.
  10. mhynek

mhynek Well-Known Member

I hated that too. So now I disabled notifications in the message app and use Handcent instead. Problem solved.
  11. stevefranks

stevefranks Member

I have been having this problem as well. I think someone replied to a post I made about it that they are having it too. I have tried NiLs and another lock screen notification widget, but the default action of that ugly yellow notification steals focus from both of them. It is frustrating. I am hoping someone figures out how to fix it. I wonder if, with root, the implementation of the lock screen that comes stock with the phone can be replaced with a version that doesn't have this behavior? My phone is the Verizon version. Is this a problem with just the verizon version, or is it a problem with all the versions of the S4?
  12. mhynek

mhynek Well-Known Member

If you disable notifications in the stock message app and use a 3rd party message app, your problem will be solved.
  13. dopejayoh

dopejayoh Well-Known Member

Happens to me too and I have the T-Mobile version.
    I too agree that it's beyond annoying.
  14. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Yep I use GoSMS; Handcent is good too. Guys I know it's not ideal if you adore the stock messaging app, but maybe try a 3rd party app and see how you go :D
  15. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Chomp and handcent are good but they are too crowded with theming options on my old s3 I had them but on s4 I preffer to stay with stock
  16. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

its annoying as i like messages in the notification bar yet if you turn it off in messages it just shows as 'new message' in the notif bar :(
  17. Idamo

Idamo New Member

My co worker just got an S4 and came to me complaining about this same problem. What i did to fix it was disable all the message notification and then went to the playstore and downloaded handcent. much better messaging program. set this up to be your defult txt program and there ya have it. No stupid yellow box on the lock screen and still get your notification on your top bar :) hope this helps.
    thahim likes this.