• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to highlight quotes from e-books?

Hi all, I'm wanting to buy my first tablet device to use for reading .pdf e-books. I need to be able to highlight quotes from inside e-books and then upload them some place or on the device so that I can review the quotes at a later date.

I've been using a Sony PRS-T2 e-book reader and this works perfectly for me for .epubs because I can highlight quotes from e-books and then upload it to Evernote.

Could someone please help me?

Thank you!

just because i have no life, i downloaded evernote. i can confirm that with aldiko, and mantano (another popular ereader app), both integrate easily with evernote.

works for pdf and epub. i don't have any other doc types to try. hope this helps.

Hey brother, thanks!

So I just need to install Aldiko? How do I install Evernote so that it works with Aldiko?

By the way, you do have a life because you're helping people on here!

Upvote 0
Alright, I just got the tablet running.

I've installed Evernote, however, I just noticed that there were 2 versions of Evernote on the Google store: 'Evernote' and 'Evernote for Android', I installed the first one because I didn't see the second one until later.

I've also installed Aldiko and Mantano, but I'm not sure on how to tell it to upload quotes to a particular notebook inside Evernote. Please help me!

Upvote 0
don't know what to tell you other than mantano uploads highlights from pdf to evernote on all my devices.

Hey brother, I bought Mantano, but it doesn't leave any highlight marks inside the particular ebook I highlighted. Also, I don't want to be able to edit quotes, I want quotes to be uneditable so I can't accidentally alter them. I'm going to try another app.

Upvote 0
I use the Sony PRS-T2 for .epub files and I really love how Evernote works with it.

This is why I love the PRS-T2 and Evernote:

- I can upload quotes from e-books to Evernote
- The quotes I upload cannot be edited so I can't accidentally edit them later and mess up the quotes.

I just want to be able to do this on my Android device. Even if it uploads to some place other than Evernote. The most important thing is that I can't be able to edit quotes.

I bought Mantano Premium, but I can edit quotes. Aldiko Book Reader also allowed me to edit quotes.

Could someone please help me?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones