How to ignore OTA?

Last Updated:

1. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't want it, just got the notification and now it keeps poppin up. How do I get rid of it? I'll keep my root goodness thank you very much.

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Peter Alfonso, I think it was, had a thing you could flash to prevent it from popping up. I'm using 2.2 plain with root and I'm getting this notification too. I don't know if Peter's fix is universal, or just for some ROMs.

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

a search would turn up multiple threads on this, here is just one :) this should solve it for you since your rooted

4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Stop using BB? jk, but really, not trying to hate since I have used his ROMs for a while. But, the fact that he can't implement this fix into his ROMs is somewhat troubling since everyone else can (begin flaming).

5. Lock-N-Load

the method I linked to works perfect for everyone that uses it... so who really cares that much if BB can or cannot auto do it. You "might" get 1 more update in the future. so, between 2.1 and 2.2 you might have to deal with it a whole 3 times (and maybe not even that if you got your Droid with 2.1 installed)... if I was Pete, I wouldn't worry about it either as he offers 1000 other things in his ROMs.. who cares if this is not 1

6. Lock-N-Load