how to implement new ringtones?

Last Updated:

1. jarnold

jarnold Member This Topic's Starter

I thought this would be easy but it is throwing me for a loop. I downloaded a few new ringtones from phonezoo and they apparently downloaded correctly. But how do I set them up so that they appear as a selectable ringtone for a particular contact? Going to that contact, doing EDIT, and selecting ringtone does not show any of these new ringtones I downloaded?

Jon

Advertisement
  2. Elpelco

Elpelco Well-Known Member

there should be a folder on your memory card:

media/audio/ringtones

Bung 'em in there and they'll be on the list. Same goes for text tones; they go in

media/audio/notifications

3. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

If this folder has not been created yet create it yourself /media/audio then add /ringtones/notifications/alarms within the audio file...copy what you want to the appropriate file then you will be able to assigin the tones accordingly.

4. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

I created these folders on my SD Card and put an mp3 in the ringtones folder but when I go to set a default ringtone it only lets me select the built-in ringtones in the phone...it doesn't see the one I put in the folder on my SD Card and there seems to be no way to browse to these folders ...any ideas?

5. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

hmm...it works for me. Have you checked the list properly as your tones will be amongst the default tones list not a seerate folder.