How to import Exchange certificate for Exchange Active Sync

Last Updated:

1. roms

roms New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm a new user of Desire. I was happy to receive the phone but there is something I can not do...
    I want to access my Exchange server with Active Sync, but I have apparently to import a certificate from my IT service on the device.
    The certificates are .cer or .p7b Is there a way to import those certificates on the Desire?
    thank you

Advertisement
  2. pwhooftman

pwhooftman Member

I run my own server with a self-created certificate. Never had to install a .cer file. The first time the phone tries to sync, it states that the certificate isn't trusted. Just accept and the message does not reappear. I guess if your company's certificate is from a trusted source, it will get installed automatically, or maybe there just one confirmation box. Have you tried to just sync?

3. roms

roms New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    My company uses a self signed cetificate.. I dont know if this is the reason why I can not connect....
    I get an authentication error.... but my credentials are OK of course....

4. pwhooftman

pwhooftman Member

You do have the checkbox ticked (right under the password field) which says that the server needs a coded ssl connection?

You shouldn't get an authentication error, you should get a certificate kind of error.