• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to increase battery life

ssaigol

Jan 14, 2011
Please suggest practical ways to increase battery life on this phone. (Using it as a dumb phone with zero data connectivity is not a practical option).

I can think of:

1. Switch off wifi and gps when not in use
2. Install only absolutely need apps. None of the "Wow-Android-is-so-cool" apps.
3. Reduce screen timeout to 30 secs from the default 1 minute.

hi there, you can use data and other features but when it is needed, u r absolutely right boss, switch off wifi gps and data when not needed, reduce screen timeout, reduce the brightness of lcd to minimum, use less widgets, try to use advance task manager to close your extra running applications which u open and then it never closed, you will notice a far nice difference of battery.

Upvote 0
Please suggest practical ways to increase battery life on this phone. (Using it as a dumb phone with zero data connectivity is not a practical option).

I can think of:

2. Install only absolutely need apps. None of the "Wow-Android-is-so-cool" apps.

You can use apnddroid to disable cell data when you know you don't need it - that may help. Also turn screen brightness down all the way.

Reactions: chugori
Upvote 0

I can think of:

With a Green Power Pro battery saver App I can go all day on one battery, spending hours using Wife and GPS is always on, but I'm normally not using it.

Upvote 0
What's the real story on power saving on the Ideos 8150? Do you save energy on always 2G or on 3G?

The Ideos 8150 specs in gsmarena.com says that re battery consumption:

Standby: Up to 220 h (2G) / Up to 300 h (3G)
Talktime: Up to 4 h (2G) / Up to 5 h (3G)

Huawei U8150 IDEOS - Full phone specifications

Was this a typo on gsmarena's part? :thinking:

Personally, I noticed that my Ideos' power drains much faster on 2G than in 3G.

Upvote 0
The last two days my battery has suddenly started draining down fast with 91% of it being Android System usage. Before by 7PM on a normal day I still had 50% battery available. Now I have less than 30% or worse.

What I think has been different the past two days is that when I have been outside - - away from WiFi, with my data plan ALL USED UP - and I've tried to place phone calls with Google Voice, the calls have not gone through but the 3G indicator has been jumping around.

Upvote 0
Install SetCPU. Change CPU to 240mhz when screen is off. Force CPU to 320mhz (240mhz was too laggy when i tried) powersave when battery is less than 15%

This increased my battery tremendously

+1 for SetCPU. It changes your processor speed according to the demands on it, even overclocking it about 10% when working hard. My phone now lasts 3-5 days, depending on usage.

The caveat is that you need to root the phone first.

I've said before that I don't understand why Android isn't shipped like this as standard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones