BlakeDC Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    Doit2it, Apeman and JA1234 like this.
  2. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

marking this thanks

3. mweiland

mweiland Member

read https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/17480?start=15&tstart=0 before making this change.

particularly...

"I am not from Motorola but I can tell you that EVRC is chosen as default as most of the USA already uses EVRC. In some markets (dont know the number so I am stating some) like Atlanta they have EVRC-B set as preferred at the switching center. So regardless of what your phone is set at it will make the call in EVRC-B.
    However if you change your phone to EVRC-B and you go to a market which does not yet support EVRC-B then your not going to be able to make calls at all. So I caution those that make the setting to EVRC-B. "

(Originally posted by troybal on the Motorola forums.)

4. BlakeDC

BlakeDC Active Member This Topic's Starter

Interesting if this is in fact a true statement. I've been all over the USA with my original Droid set to EVRC-B and have never had it deny me any phone calls. Also, if they set the EVRC-B at the switch, then why would the option even exist on the phone, and why would the battery drain faster from encoding the voice stream at a higher quality bit rate if it was done at the switch? Doesn't make sense.