• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to install 2.1???

Install HTC Sync.
Plug in Phone.
Unzip the update file.
Run update file.
10 minutes later you have 2.1.

Read the page you downloaded from for a bit more detail or look at the readme that pops up as you start the update.
IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I must be in the Twilight Zone. I downloaded my RUU from Sprint's download site after failing repeatedly to get a complete download from HTC. I extracted the exe from the zip and connected my phone. (HTC Sync already installed and running.) I get a window saying that RUU setup is preparing the InstallShield wizard that will guide me through the rest of the process. The window disappears, then nothing. No other window pops up, nothing unusual seems to be running in Task Manager. Nothing happens after the initial window asserting that InstallShield will run. Anybody else experience this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones