[HOW TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Galaxy S4Tips

1. Lucidmike

Lucidmike Well-Known Member

Adobe Flash Player still works great on the Galaxy S 4, but only on some browsers. I was surprised that they have even blocked it on the stock browser. But it works well when used with the right browser. No root necessary.

Video Tutorial: Galaxy S4 Tips & Tricks Episode 1: How To Install Adobe Flash Player on Samsung Galaxy S4 - YouTube

Step 1: On your S4, go to Settings -> Security -> Enable Unknown Sources
    Step 2: Download apk directly from Adobe. Adobe still updates Flash regularly every month, so use this link instead of downloading an old version from someone's private link. Scroll down to "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives" and download the latest version.
    Archived Flash Player versions
    Step 3: Download Boat Browser.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boatbrowser.free&hl=en
    Use this for all your non mobile browser needs. Naked Browser also works, but the UI might not be for everyone. I hear the UC Browser works too.
    Step 4: Open Boat Browser -> Menu -> Settings -> Page Content Settings
    Step 5: Enable flash/plug-ins -> Always On
    Step 6: User agent -> Desktop

Additional Note: Flash DOES NOT work on: Stock Browser, Firefox (Buggy), Chrome, Dolphin (maybe with a tweak?). Haven't tried Opera, Maxthon, or Puffin.

*Latest Adobe Flash Player (As of April 27, 2013): Link: Download Adobe Flash Player v11.1.115.54

Advertisement
    MYKEL61, rkkeller, lennydude and 3 others like this.
  2. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member

Works on the S3 also - thanks much!
  3. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Strange, since flash works on my S3 with Dolphin, stock browser and Xscope, just as examples. I have a stock device and all up to date apps.
  4. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member

Still can't get it to work for Facebook apps. Just keep getting the page that says "you need flash....." even after doing all the above.
  5. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

I'm not following..? Facebook apps shouldn't load Flash content in them. If it's a video posted to Facebook, it should play on the native video player (or a third party one), or if it's Youtube it should give you the option of opening in the Youtube app or in a browser, and if it's any other kind of content that would load in Flash on your full OS computer, then it should open in a browser. Am I not understanding you correctly?
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If you install Flash Player, there is no need for Boat BRowser. Just use Internet that should be built-in.
  7. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

I tried the Boat browser and found out I love the thing :)

Have a S3 and Flash works very well with it. Thanks to the OP
  8. TheyCallMeBT

I switched (from Dolphin) to Boat Browser as my secondary browser a while back and I like it a lot.
  9. mted558

I play My Vegas slots which is an app on Facebook and every time I try to play on my phone or tablet I get the error that says "The latest version of Flash Player is required to play this game." Then there's the Adobe flash installation box. but it won't install. I tried using Boat Browser with the plug in/flash enabled all the time as above but I still get the error.
  10. TheyCallMeBT

Ah, ok. I thought you meant using the Facebook app itself. But you mean using a "Facebook app" in the Facebook website in a browser, right?
  11. goonryan2005

goonryan2005 Member

sideload the flash apk and use the stock browser which supports flash.
  12. mted558

yeah, it's a Facebook App
  13. mted558

Not sure what this means, "sideload the flash apk"?
  14. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Put it on the SD card and install using My Files.
  15. mted558

Can you explain with a little more detail. I didn't even know I could install anything to my SD card. Still a little new with the technical stuff!!
  16. goonryan2005

goonryan2005 Member

Flash works just fine on Firefox with the Flash APK sideloaded
    PrettyPryncess likes this.
  17. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

ta for this when my s4 finally arrives i shall do this!
  18. mted558

OK I tried doing this but when I get to the install page I click install and it says
    "x application not installed". I put the apk on my SD card and used My files to install it and it didn't work. What am I missing?
  19. Blackout720

Blackout720 Well-Known Member

How to Get Adobe Flash on Samsung Galaxy S4 Working.

There are only a few Web Browser that are able to use the flash player, Stock and Chrome DO NOT WORK. there is a list of compatible browsers down below.

First what you wanna do is open the Adobe Archive link I provided and scroll down to where it says Android 4.0.

Adobe Archive Site: Archived Flash Player versions

Now pick the first on and it should stat downloading a APK file.
    Install and you should now have flash on you phone, but like i said the Stock and Chrome browser are not compatible use on of the following listed.

List of Compatible Web Browsers:

-Boat Browser
    -SkyFire
    -FireFox
    -FireFox BETA

If you have another compatible browser, Please feel free to leave a comment so I can add it to the list. Thanks

How to Get Adobe Flash Player on Samsung Galaxy S4 - YouTube

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Android Tech Site ► Home - Website of mrlegend!
    Facebook ► http://bit.ly/MrLegendFacebook
    Twitter ► http://bit.ly/W71rZQ
    Google + ► http://bit.ly/V57ajp
  20. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Boat and Firefox crash for me when using flash, not tried skyfire though. Will give it a try.
  21. usremo

usremo New Member

I have the new USA Galaxsy S4, I followed all steps and it didn't work. I installed boat browser and it crashed while stream download! please advise.
  22. apkeene

apkeene Member

I followed these instructions and it works fine on Firefox Beta, but not on Firefox. Boat Browser is weird in that I get the sound, but black box for the video. Anyhow I'm happy it seems fine in Firefox Beta :)
  23. miki23

miki23 New Member

Flash player for my Galaxy S4 installed and using through Boat Browser. It works! Thank you your instructions were very easy to read.
  24. xfengx

xfengx Member

Flash player works on firefox,however when I switch it to full screen mode,the screen hangs ans blackouts.Anyone can provide help on this please?
  25. flash gordons

flash gordons Member

I cannot seem to be able to download flashplayer on that site. It blocks it or is gone altogether.