• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to install android on top of the bare hardware?

bcalmac

Lurker
Nov 11, 2009
Ok, so I've had an accident. My Verizon Motorola DROID took a swim with me for a few seconds yesterday. The Droid does a lot of things, but swimming is definitely a weakness :)

After letting it dry, it surprisingly powers up but it looks like all the software is gone. I get a message "boot loader OK, connect USB cable to program". That's a start. I would assume that this is similar in PC terms to installing the operating system on a bare hard drive. Can someone guide me how to install android on this bare phone? I would guess that after installing android I can go to a verizon store so they can register it with my account and so on.

I actually have already gone to a verizon store but they weren't too interested in helping me, they just wanted to sell me a new phone.

Thank you.

Are you sure that when you power this thing up, none of the keys are being pressed? The reason I'm asking is that usually when these things happen, it either works or it doesn't, not halfway like this. Power it on without pressing ANY keys (other that the power of course) and tell me what happens.

p.s. Just wondering, was it a salt-water swim or a fresh-water swim?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones