1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

How to install .apk file HTC Tatoo

Last Updated:

1. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

How do i install .apk file htc tatoo

Advertisement
  2. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

download astro file manager from the market. use usb cable to copy the apk to the sd card on your device, then use ASTRO to locate it and install it.
  3. swennl

swennl Active Member

or you can install the .apk file with htc sync,
    connect your tattoo with usb with your pc.
    connect it with htc sync.
    and press install app.
  4. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

I done that and everything works a treat thanks. Got compass to work from download
  5. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

I use Ubuntu 9.10 and cant get sync to work even installing with wine.
  6. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

ditto, that's why i offered the first solution
  7. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

are you joking using the word
    DITTO
  8. srhardy

srhardy New Member

I had the same problem, go to settings/applications & tick the allow 'unknown source' & it will now install .apk files. Astro is usefull for finding downloads manualy if you have the need but it DOES NOT ENABLE the ability to install .apk files by itself (its just a file manager)... We have this problem becuase we don't have MARKETPLACE which handles .apk that are digitaly signed. Basicly this setting allows you to install ANY .apk file. This lets you use 3rd party marketplace alternatives like Slide.Me for application selection & download. I hope this helps!
  9. sam_cocha

sam_cocha Member

Hello,
    I am about to install some apps I downloaded on my computer on my Tattoo too, because these apps can't be found in de market. But I was wandering, is there any danger of installing an .apk file on your phone, because you don't know if it's 100% safe, maybe it's a virus or something:(

And if I illegal download an app, wich must be paid for in the market, on my computer and install it on my Tattoo, does is it work?

I didn't and don't want to root my phone.

Regards, sam_cocha
  10. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

Like with anything, it depends where you got it from, and what it does. It is unlikely you will suffer any problems though. Just be wary. I personally wouldn't use an alternative keyboard for example downloaded from a filesharing site.

Regarding a paid-for app that you get from somewhere else without paying, put quite simply - don't. If you want it, pay the developer. Use one of the alternative markets if you are having a problem, or email them direct if necessary. But don't pirate the software.

- Mark