how to install APK that you download (non-rooted)Support

1. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

i have a app i downloaded and want to install on my non-rooted captivate, have searched and read but cant seem to find the way to do this.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

it's pretty simple. just follow that guide and you shouldn't have any problems. Thats how i installed the driod x red eye & city at night live wallpapers.
  3. ERICK MENCOZA

ERICK MENCOZA New Member

Jayc what if i have no guides on these types of apk's?
  4. Buddha64

Buddha64 Well-Known Member

5. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

lol...that's a reply to a 7 month old post
  6. Buddha64

No, actually, that is just a link to Android Central post ABOUT SWM which contains a link to the program. However, if you click that link IN that post you'll get the 404 Not Found error I mention directly about you. There is no SWM zip file there anymore.
  7. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

I was linking to the thread that contained the zip file and I can dl the zip file at the bottom of that first post, so it works fine for me
  8. Buddha64

WTF? Tried it right after your post and got that damn 404 error...

Edit: I just tied again for the umpteenth time and still get the 404 error. There is, in post #16 (page 2), a zip file, but the link is not working for most people (as evidenced by the numerous posts stating as much).
  9. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

I have no clue why you are getting that error. I tried from my laptop, netbook and even my inspire all were able to dl that zip. :confused:
  10. Buddha64

11. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

SWM works fine..but enabling non market apps with super one click 1.7 is much easier and more convenient