How to install APK without access to Amazon Store ?General

Last Updated:

1. marcioab

marcioab New Member

I have a clean Kindle Fire but I'm not an US resident, so I do not have access to Amazon Store for apps, so I do not have any File Manager (like ES File Explorer) that allow me to install any Android application (apk).

Is any way to install an Android application in a situation like that ?

By the way, as far as I understood, I can not even root the Kindle Fire because I will need a File Manager at some point.

Thank you and looking forward.

2. marcioab

marcioab New Member

Just discovered ( somewhere else ) that the BROWSE function of QUICKOFFICE can install APKs. SOLVED.
  3. maxthebrax

maxthebrax Member

Or you can just download them from the fire browser directly
  4. LickeyMong

LickeyMong Well-Known Member

When you download apk go to downloads and tap it
  5. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

As long as you trust the sight your getting the APK from you can download them directly then install them when they finish downloading.
  6. japali68

japali68 New Member

Bought a 32Gb Kindle Fire from UK but as I now live in Greece I am stuffed on downloading anything from Amazon. I got ES install .apk file and managed to install it. The app runs fine but when I try to download other .apk's via it it always tries to take me to the Amazon app store. I click cancel and I am not getting to download the app.... Any hints as how to proceed to disable the Amazon app store re-routing or do I always need to dl to my PC and then transfer to tablet?
  7. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

If the Amazon app store is giving too much grief, try using's app store app. I have it on mine, it has pretty much everything Amazon has (and then stuff that Amazon doesn't have) and looks more like the google play store app. You can use that to download direct to your kindle without the hassle of side loading, as long as you have allowed your kindle to install apps from other sources in the settings.