• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to install apps in android?

4ndr01d

Jan 26, 2010
Hi,

I am very new to the android world and I've been reading the article below to find out the right way to install apps in android.

How to Install Applications

To install applications using Android Market perform the following steps:

Open the Android Market application in the Applications menu.
You can select any option - Applications, Games, Search or My Downloads based on what you want to do. You will thenget a list of applications or games to choose from.
You can also search for any particular application. You will then get a list of apps with their description and rating.
Click on the application you want and you will get more details of that application - the number of downloads and user comments.
To install it, just click on the Install button on the bottom of the screen.
In the next screen, it will give you more details about the application including the different functionalities it will need to access. Just click on OK to finish installing the application.
How To Install and Remove Applications on Google Android phones

However, when I checked on my android, I couldn't find the Android Market application..

But there is slideme.org (SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace) apps in my phone. But there's no search engine inside that site. My question is, how to find CalWidget apps in the site and how to install it.

well, I guess here is the answer

Seems that your operator and HTC are selling a non-google experience phone, as in India. These phones have a customized OS from HTC and do not include any google apps or Market place.
So, you cannot access android market but you still have some options to install applications from:
1. SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace
2. AndAppStore : New Releases
3. Leaf Open Market

If you are also one of the unfortunates who have SPL HBOOT-1.33.0010 : then Keep watching : [Solved] Fix the dreaded perfect SPL. - xda-developers
no Android Market on my HTC Magic - Android Market Help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones