Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

ahh look at the nice Welcome msg while ya flash cm6 lol

2. PlayfulGod

ummm how long should cm6 (latest build 04-05-2011 take to boot up the first time??

nm got it after a reflash and well.....

back on cm7 :)
  3. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

To confirm, CM6 will give me a new Gallery and File Manager? I don't need to worry that they are not there now? I had typos that I fixed in the last post. Sorry about that. :eek:
  4. PlayfulGod

yea, youre flashing a whole new rom n gapps ;)
    la sal likes this.
  5. markbehr

markbehr Well-Known Member

Is there a "how to install for Dummies" like me? this is way to comfusing for me. my head hurts. i am totally clueless about these things, eventhough i did manage to figure out how to root my phone. i think it was by accident though lol.
  6. PlayfulGod

You're half way there then lol. From the market dl n install rom manager. Then dl the current cm7 or cm6 zip from the links provided along with Gapps. Then backup your current ROM (what you're using now aka OS), then just follow the rest of the steps to flash to the new rom.

Which is basically,
    Reboot in to cwm recovery
    1.) Wipe data/factory rest
    2.) Wipe cache
    3.) Wipe Devlic cache
    4.) install zip from sd card (the cm6 or
    5.) install zip from sd card again this time for gapps
    6.) goto advanced>fix permissions (Optional)
    7.) reboot system
  7. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

cm6-ascend...installation aborted

gapps-mdpi...installation complete

Anyone else have a bad cm6 zip?

Now I'm stuck on the Huawei screen and cannot get off it unless I pull the battery.

How can I mount to a PC now?
  8. PlayfulGod

9. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

At work and works blocks that link. I will have to wait until I get home to check it out.

I am able to go into ClockworkMod Recovery v2 after pulling the battery.

I go to mount USB storage but the little box for viewing files doesn't come up when connected to a PC.

It won't let me send a zipped file from the desktop to my phone either.

:( I downloaded the updated cm6-ascend zip last night.
  10. pip2kk

pip2kk Well-Known Member

try usbdeview and remove all android related devices. you will need the original huawei ascend drivers for adb to function correctly after you do that. let me know if you need a link to it. (/me grumbles this is why i wanted to keep the drivers on cm6 heh)

to la sal: if you can get into cwm. your fine. follow that guide when you get home and try again. it will walk you through using adb to "push" files to your sdcard.
  11. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Starting the process now...

12. pip2kk

pip2kk Well-Known Member

heh have you found any other way ;)
  13. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Couldn't get past the "At the Choose Packages to Install screen, you only need to have Android SDK Platform-tools checked. Select Install". It would not install.
  14. pip2kk

pip2kk Well-Known Member

lol your very impatient. just wait it works wonders. or go spend 10$ at walmart and buy a usb card reader. if you want free you have to wait. or pay the $10 convenience fee at walmart. btw there in the photo department, usually right under the register lol.
  15. markbehr

Ha, I actually figured out how to do it. thanks all that helped.
  16. markbehr

evrything seems to be working great, but i dont think i backed everything up right. i cant find my contacts and had to reinstall some apps from the market. oh well still works great so far.
  17. pip2kk

pip2kk Well-Known Member

if your contacts were on your google account...they should be there. otherwise i couldnt comment sorry.

you may need to press the menu key while looking at your contact list and reveal the contacts? kind of hard to guess with very little information.
  18. markbehr

i thought i backed everything up and saved it all on my comp. but cant find anything anywhere. but its fine i guess. didnt have many contacts or apps at the time, and just hope i dont have problems and have to go back to my previous os.
  19. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

i tried to make this as simple as possible even edited to help out. if you want 1-on-1 help pm me and i'll give you my skype and walk you through it live.
  20. PlayfulGod

think we got him past that lol
  21. markbehr

thanks tokenpoke,but i did figure out how to install cm7 lol surprisingly. i just think i did something wrong with backing up my stuff but oh well its not really that important right now.
  22. 3triple0gt

3triple0gt Active Member

Thanks ALOT for this guide. CM7 looks awesome. Got some new things to get used to, but thats why I did it. Got bored with Icarus already. Phone looks great, now if only i could figure out how to make my end button stop locking my phone....
  23. Ascend_45204

Ascend_45204 Well-Known Member

Go to Spare Parts to Fix that
    AndroidFan420 likes this.
  24. AndroidFan420

AndroidFan420 Well-Known Member

It seems that when I origanly flashed cm7 i had the incorect build after asking around a bit (playfulgod & tokenpoke both super friggen awsome) playfulgod sugested that i just install the current build skipping all previous steps having already had all the proper .zips just a wrong build (after a backup of course) it worked great
    so dont be afraid to give it a try if you find yourself in the same situation this may be helpfull or not just tryn to help out with what i can
    nuttmeg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.