• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to install country-restricted apps ?

Hi, I'm trying to install a country restricted app via the play store. I tried using a VPN to change my country & changed my phone's language settings but it still doesn't work.
I also tried this: http://www.guidingtech.com/14133/install-spotify-country-restricted-apps-android/

And it seems like the playstore is the only way to get this app (no apk to download on the official site or elsewhere).
Any ideas ?

If you are rooted there are modded versions of the play store that do not have country restrictions in place. But you must know what you are doing when installing. Meaning,have knowledge of the current version of android you are using and whether or not the modded play store will work for that version. Among other things. It is the easiest solution to the issue. But requires some knowledge so you do not brick your device in worst case event.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones