How to install custom iconsSupport

1. lordvoldemort8888

lordvoldemort8888 New Member

Hello people,

I was wondering how to install custom icons for my htc desire??do we install it like a .apk file or zip file during reboot?? Can you please tell me where to get these icons and how to install them on the phone??

thnx a lot in adv

lordvoldemort

Advertisement
  2. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

You can put the icons on the SD Card in any folder. Use a FileBrowser (EStrong/Astro) to move/locate them. Once on the SD Card, you may need to rescan it (as i've just found out), using SDRescan.

Then use something like: Apps Organiser / Folder Organiser to assign the new icons to the shortcuts/apps.

There's a zillion icons here: Browse icon sets | Search and download free icons
    LECTER likes this.
  3. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

ClouDarK and papa j like this.
  4. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member

I used the FolderOrganizer last night. Looks like alot of instructions but if you take it a step at a time, by the time you have done a couple of icons, you'll not want to stop lol :D
  5. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member

Dude, is there a tutorial somewhere which explains how to get the icons from icon browser to pc to phone to icon and what size and format is required :D I could spend all Sunday working it out in a hit and miss styleee or I could just ask ;)

Cheers :D
  6. lordvoldemort8888

thnx a lot mates...i will definately read the guide and change icons!!
  7. lordvoldemort8888

hey thnx a lot..If I am not wrong then with folder organizer we can change icons of the apps on homescreen..I want to change all the icons of the "Application grid"(which are not on homescreen)is there any way to do it??? thnx a lot once again!!
  8. papa j

papa j Well-Known Member

i used desktop visualizer and does what it says on the tin
    was also wondering if there was a way to make the icons a little bigger if there is i cant see it
  9. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Yes, when you add the icon using DV select the 'small' widget size rather than 'small SS'
    papa j likes this.
  10. papa j

papa j Well-Known Member

once again a thank you