How to install CyanogenMod 7.2 - Huawei Fusion 2

Last Updated:

1. shagerty

shagerty Well-Known Member

Installing CyanogenMod 7.2 on the Huawei Fusion 2!

Step 1:
    Root your Fusion 2 using THIS GUIDE HERE.

Step 2:
    Install my build of CWM 6 for the Huawei Fusion 2 Using THIS GUIDE HERE.

Step 3:
    Backup your phones data using my backup guide HERE.

Step 4:
    Download CyanogenMod 7.2 from our link HERE!***DOWNLOAD LINK AT BOTTOM OF PAGE***

Step 5:
    Copy the downloaded .ZIP file to your Huawei Fusion 2's internal, or external SD Card.

Step 6:
    Power Off the phone.

Step 7:
    Boot into CWM by simultaneously holding the Power Button and the Volume UP KEEP HOLDING UNTIL IN CWM!! (NOT DOWN LIKE FASTBOOT) once in CWM select by using the volume keys to go up and down and the power button to make a choice. Choose

Step 8:
    WipeData/Factory Reset, then Wipe Cache, then advanced/wipe Dalvik Cache (DO EACH OF THESE 3 TIMES TO GET A CLEAN INSTALL)

Step 9:
    Next select
    INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD select the Cyanogenmod 7.2 zip once again using volume buttons to seek and power button to select. It will give you some kind of error, ignore this. Next go back and select reboot phone. The phone should boot as usual, but this time with CM7.2!

Step 10 (OPTIONAL, ONLY USE IF YOUR PHONE STAYS AT CYANOGENMOD LOGO):
    Your phone may go through one forced reboot. It's the only time that will happen. (IF YOUR PHONE STAYS AT THE CYANOGENMOD LOGO FOR 10 MINS+ PERFORM BATTERY PULL, WAIT 10 SECONDS MINIMUM, AND THEN BOOT INTO CWM. ONCE IN CWM DO THE WIPE DATA, WIPE CACHE, WIPE DALVIK (Three Times Total for Each) THEN SELECT REBOOT. YOU WILL NOW BE RUNNING CM7.2! )

Step 11 (NOT OPTIONAL):
    Enter in the correct APN settings. If using AT&T GO HEREthe link to the AT&T APN settings also has T-Mobile's APN settings!IF YOU DO NOT ENTER THE APN SETTINGS YOU WILL NOT GET A DATA CONNECTION. THAT MEANS NO INTERNET!! SO PUT THEM IN!

PLEASE HIT LIKE, THANKS, THUMBS UP, OR DONATE IF YOU'RE FEELING SAUCY!

CM 7.2 V.1 BROUGHT TO YOU BY SHAGERTY, CAMERON581, AND ZEROSEDEV! (PLEASE THANK THE WHOLE TEAM IF YOU ARE HAPPY NOW. :):D:smokingsomb:

Advertisement
  2. Radiance

Radiance Well-Known Member Contributor

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D THANKS! Had such a crappy day, but this makes it all much better!
    shagerty likes this.
  3. CenterTurkHD

CenterTurkHD Member

Once again great work Shagerty! Really appreciate this post a lot. How is CM10 so far?
  4. ZeRoseDev

ZeRoseDev Well-Known Member

Now that's a great thank you :)
  5. CenterTurkHD

CenterTurkHD Member

Also, I have a question. I went on the MyHuawei website and was wondering if the ROM itself would come default in German or English. Is the link you put up in English?
  6. shagerty

I believe the language default is German. I am without a fusion at the moment. I believe it is language and inputs which is "Sprache und Eingangs" in German.

I made a slightly tweaked version of this ROM that is in English default. I will try and upload once it is verified working! (Like I said I don't have a fusion so I need testers if anyone is game I'll send you the file!)
  7. shagerty

Glad your day is getting better!
  8. RoboticBuddy

RoboticBuddy Active Member

Goddammit Shagerty, you really gave this tiny phone alot more life now! :D
    Keep up the good work!
    shagerty likes this.
  9. shagerty

Lol thanks a lot for the compliment roboticbuddy! CyanogenMods are the best!
  10. Radiance

I'm getting a assert failed: write_raw_image for boot.img and Status 7. Can we have the md5?

EDIT: Lol, it still booted into CM7 anyway... :D
  11. shagerty

That error is okay. Just part of this release.
    Radiance likes this.
  12. M4TT

M4TT Active Member

It's saying "Can't mount sdcard" when I try to install from zip.
  13. Radiance

Mount it via USB, move it in there, unmount, and then try flashing. Or try the sideload feature.
  14. shagerty

Side load hasn't been tested but should work. It allows you to flash the zip while its still on your computer!
  15. M4TT

M4TT Active Member

I try to mount it via CWM, but it doesn't do anything. Doesn't change to "unmount USB storage", stays at "mount USB storage".

EDIT: Also, when I try to sideload it, it doesn't do anything, a huge list of adb commands just comes up.
  16. Radiance

Yes, that's normal. You need to connect it and use ADB. Do you have ADB setup?
  17. M4TT

M4TT Active Member

I do now. What do I do? It still doesn't do anything when I type in "adb sideload CyanogenMod_7.2_Unofficial.zip"

I also tried "adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] CyanogenMod_7.2_Unofficial.zip" and an error comes up and says:

"too many files specified; only takes APK file and verifier file"
  18. Radiance

Try mounting the USB again, and see if the drive shows up.
  19. M4TT

M4TT Active Member

Still won't mount it. I must be doing something wrong.
  20. Radiance

You have it plugged into the computer? ;) Do you have the internal SD option and then side load? Or can you use the external too? My CWM6 doesn't have it, so might aswell ask. Because then you could have done a push of the zip via ADB.
  21. M4TT

M4TT Active Member

Yes, it's plugged in. I do not see an internal SD option, I only see "Install zip from sdcard" and "install zip from sideload".
  22. Radiance

Right, in ADB, do this:

[HIGH]adb shell mount /sdcard[/HIGH]

That should mount the SD. It won't say anything afterwards, that's normal. To make sure, see if it lists the files currently in there.

[HIGH]adb shell ls /sdcard[/HIGH]

And then you want to push the zip with the adb push command.
  23. M4TT

M4TT Active Member

I'm getting "error: device not found" on the first one.

EDIT: I tried doing it while in CWM, and it gave me this:

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard failed: no such file or directory

Am I supposed to have an actual external SD Card, or can I just use the internal storage?
  24. Radiance

I actually had a hard time with having a real SD card because it would mount that instead of the internal, so the internal is much, much, much better.

Do you have the drivers for the phone installed? Are you on Windows/Linux/Mac?
  25. M4TT

M4TT Active Member

I believe I do have them installed. When I rooted it this morning it had me install some kind of driver program that would never run, so I'm not exactly sure though. And I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

EDIT: I probably don't, since while following the steps in the OP I wiped all my data. I can't find the page that had the download link for the drivers.