• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to install CyanogenMod 7.2 - Huawei Fusion 2

Alright, I went out and got an 8 GB micro SD card. I put the card in the phone, put the .zip on the card, and booted up CWM. It finally mounted the /sdcard, and I loaded up the .zip from the card. It started to install, then I got an "Installation aborted (status 7)". I decided to reboot the phone to put a new copy of the .zip on the card, and to my surprise, a loading screen came up saying "CyanogenMod 7.2". So it works!! :D I should've backed my contacts up, though... :\

Thanks so much for your guys' help! I feel like a total dummy, trying to use the internal storage.

EDIT: I have one last question. How do I use custom themes? I went into Theme Chooser and it only had the default System theme.

Reactions: ZeRoseDev
Upvote 0
Alright, I went out and got an 8 GB micro SD card. I put the card in the phone, put the .zip on the card, and booted up CWM. It finally mounted the /sdcard, and I loaded up the .zip from the card. It started to install, then I got an "Installation aborted (status 7)". I decided to reboot the phone to put a new copy of the .zip on the card, and to my surprise, a loading screen came up saying "CyanogenMod 7.2". So it works!! :D I should've backed my contacts up, though... :\

Thanks so much for your guys' help! I feel like a total dummy, trying to use the internal storage.

EDIT: I have one last question. How do I use custom themes? I went into Theme Chooser and it only had the default System theme.

Congrats, I'm stoked you got it up and running!

Search Google Play for CM7 themes. Once you download one you like, you can select it from theme chooser.

Upvote 0
Reactions: M4TT
Upvote 0
Still gives me that error. Oh well, I guess.

The Jellybean theme works great, I like it a lot!

One thing I noticed about this mod is that it doesn't show the carrier in the top left of the statusbar. Can I fix that somehow?

I really like the Jellybean theme too. My first Android was a Nexus 7, so maybe that's why. lol.

I've never tried before today to get the Carrier to show, I prefer it to not to, and would use statusbar tweaks before this ROM to remove it.

I ran through all the CyanogenMod settings I can think of, and even installed a statusbar tweak app to see if I could get the carrier to show. I have been unsuccessful so far. I will keep trying, and get back to you if I find something.

Maybe someone else knows how?

Upvote 0
And status bar you can edit in setting cyanogenmod settings interface and then staus bar

Hey Cam,

I tried to edit the status bar in cyanogenmod settings, but it refused to show the carrier in the status bar, it just changed the way the text showed up when I pulled the notification bar down.

Can you get yours to show?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I couldn't put the carrier name there either. That's okay though.

As for themes, this is where I found the one I'm using at the moment, there's loads to choose from, and you'll just need to download and adb install (or do it the long way by putting it on your card, :p):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1167075

Reactions: M4TT and ZeRoseDev
Upvote 0
Yeah, I couldn't put the carrier name there either. That's okay though.

As for themes, this is where I found the one I'm using at the moment, there's loads to choose from, and you'll just need to download and adb install (or do it the long way by putting it on your card, :p):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1167075

I personally never like the carriers too much.. Glad to give them less visibility! Hah!

Upvote 0
Thank you all so very much for your work. CM7 runs smoothly, it's just great. Had an issue mounting the Phone to my PC (ubuntu 12.04)and couldn't access my SD card.

After some searching I found that unchecking USB debugging and then fixing permissions on recovery allowed me to mount my SD card upon reboot. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the info im sure that someone will benefit from it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones