• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to install firmware

andre77

Lurker
Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys Im new to this thread and I just recently got a cube U30gt-H tablet and I found out that I need to root my device if I want to play certain gameloft-made games on it, but it wont let me root my device. So after doing some research I found I need to install modified firmware + flash

So Once I download the firmware how exactly do I install it? Is their an installation program to guide me or do I just copy & paste the files over it? Thx

Thx for the reply. I went on ahead and tried to install a new rom myself called "kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-107-rooted" and I put it into my main directory on my tablet and then I received a message asking me if I wanted to update my firmwarre. And I clicked install

after waiting for about 3 mins for it to install it restarted itself and now all I see is a green android bot laying upside down with a red exclamation point . Im trying to put it into system recovery mode by pressing the volume down button and power and nothings working??? It also restarts itself automatically after 5 mins or so just laying there doing nothing

Upvote 0
Thx for the reply. I went on ahead and tried to install a new rom myself called "kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-107-rooted" and I put it into my main directory on my tablet and then I received a message asking me if I wanted to update my firmwarre. And I clicked install

after waiting for about 3 mins for it to install it restarted itself and now all I see is a green android bot laying upside down with a red exclamation point . Im trying to put it into system recovery mode by pressing the volume down button and power and nothings working??? It also restarts itself automatically after 5 mins or so just laying there doing nothing
The green robot laying down screen is recovery.

Upvote 0
Ya and I've tried all differnet ways to robot (i.e. press volume down while holding the power or volume down, etc) I've tried all ways it just doesnt respond with anything I with the volume keys.

I've also had it in this state for over 2 hrs and nothing has happend. Still green android guy with a red ! showing.

I might have to take it apart and reset the board???

Upvote 0
Ya and I've tried all differnet ways to robot (i.e. press volume down while holding the power or volume down, etc) I've tried all ways it just doesnt respond with anything I with the volume keys.

I've also had it in this state for over 2 hrs and nothing has happend. Still green android guy with a red ! showing.

I might have to take it apart and reset the board???
When you are on the screen (with the robot) try pressing volume up and power at the same time, that may bring up options to perform a factory reset.

Or you may just have press volume up or down. Once you see the option you want, pressing the power button should select it.

Taking it apart won't help you accomplish anything. Try checking out the link Valorian posted, xda users may have more experience with your device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones