How to install Gameboy emulator and pokemon?

Last Updated:

1. klikkamongo

klikkamongo Member

I have a HTC Hero, and I wondered whats the best emulator to play the gameboygame pokemon on my phone. And how I set it up for Pokemon.

A step by step guide would be wonderfull!

Thank you

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

The best emulator I know is Gameboid, a GBA emulator.

However, please be aware that nobody here can tell you where to download the files required, as it is illegal to do so.
  3. klikkamongo

klikkamongo Member

I have loaded the game with gameboid, but I cant use any buttons. In the settings I can see a list of buttons, but I only have touchscreen...
  4. Xyro

Gameboid uses on screen keys. Make sure the virtual keypad is enabled in the settings.

You can assign the trackball as the D-Pad and use back and search as A + B, but it's not very easy to control it that way.
  5. klikkamongo

klikkamongo Member

I cant see any virtual keypad.

My options are:
    Audio settings:
    Enable sound
    Scaling mode
    Video settings
    automatic framskip
    max frame skips
    Input settings
    key mappings
    trackball mode
    gameboid on marked
    search ROMs
  6. Xyro

I think you need to update your version of Gameboid; that doesn't look much like the latest release.
  7. klikkamongo

klikkamongo Member

thanks! It worked in the new version!
  8. klikkamongo

klikkamongo Member

Is it possible to get it run faster? The games are very slow and got some lag...
  9. Xyro

You can if you're running custom firmware (which I'm guessing you're not). Some of the more recent ROMs allow you to overclock the hero to 690MHz which does seem to make things a bit smoother.

When I was on a stock ROM, I always found using a task killer to free up some RAM helped.
  10. klikkamongo

klikkamongo Member

yes, im using stock room. But I remembe i used a gameboy emulator on my computer, that could increase the speed...

I am using task killer, i dosent help much..
  11. Xyro

The latest release of Gameboid can increase the speed (from x1.5 to x8 or something crazy like that).

But I found that above x3 the hero's procesor was struggling and it didn't make much difference. (And that was running at 690MHz)
  12. k1ll3r

k1ll3r New Member

I went to a website and downloaded a Game Boy emulator (not the game boy advance) but the android HTC hero that i had didnt install the emulator i went to where the file was saved abd tried to extract it but nothing happenned and when i click on it it does not work just shows directory not found. Can i use the Gameboid emulator to play pokemon silver, gold and crystal?