• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Install SlimBean 4.3

I found the link to the play store and it sells for $9.99.
I will see if I can find the free you speak of.

I looked around, and found the link where I got the free version from was dead.

I am a digital hoarder (lol) so I still have the .apk

Uploaded it here:

https://copy.com/NlHuq9SQqvw3

Let me know if that one works for that ROM; I used it on 4.1.2 for the Fusion 2 and also on some HTC ROMs (Both 4.1.2 and 4.2.2) without issue.

:D

Upvote 0
I looked around, and found the link where I got the free version from was dead.

I am a digital hoarder (lol) so I still have the .apk

Uploaded it here:

https://copy.com/NlHuq9SQqvw3

Let me know if that one works for that ROM; I used it on 4.1.2 for the Fusion 2 and also on some HTC ROMs (Both 4.1.2 and 4.2.2) without issue.

:D

Even though I only have 1 or 2 radio stations where I'm at, I figured I'd give it a try. Your app installs but says "Device Not Supported" when opening on SlimBean 4.3. I went and found the original XDA thread and got the latest Spirit FM and while it installs and opens, nothing seems to happen. I "tune in" to the stations it shows as peaks and there's never any audio.

Here's a link to the XDA thread:
[APP] Spirit FM - xda-developers

Reactions: ZeRoseDev
Upvote 0
Hello - been running Slimbean (4.1.2) for the past couple days and really love it (far more liable/better on battery than CM11). I'd like to upgrade to 4.3 and was wondering if I have to start from scratch (in CWM) or can I do this as an upgrade? I'm hoping for the latter as I'd love to maintain my current config (home screen/Nova launcher settings/etc).

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones