how to install text configuration files with app in apk file

Last Updated:

1. DaveBowman

DaveBowman New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody know how I can include in my new app's adk file/installation process a few text configuration files containing default app parameters (that can optionally be updated by the user running the app after app installation). I want to automatically include and install (in the directory structure shown below) these few text files along with my Java app and JNI "applibrary.so" which are currently installed via the current apk file.

I need to install the default text files on the sdcard during app installation to a directory structure something like:

/sdcard/myapp.datafiles/datafile1.txt
    /sdcard/myapp.datafiles/datafile2.txt

During apk installation, the mechanism I am looking for would create the myapp.datafiles sub-dir under /sdcard and then copy my default datafile1.txt and datafile2.txt in the new /sdcard/myapp.datafiles directory on the /sdcard. Any way to do that?

Currently, I have to use the Eclipse DDMS File Explorer "push a file onto the device" feature to manually install the files:

/sdcard/myapp.datafiles/datafile1.txt
    /sdcard/myapp.datafiles/datafile2.txt

and I would like to automate that process as part of apk installation.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi,

This is the wrong place for your support issue. I will move your question for you.

Welcome!

Steven

DaveBowman likes this.
  3. jamhops

jamhops New Member

Just wondered if OP or anyone overcame this issue as I am looking to install a number of text files with the APK and would like to keep them as text files and not strings?

Thanks

4. jamhops

jamhops New Member

ANSWER:

Use "assets" folder to include your file in APK

to reference it use;
    Activity.getAssets().open(*text file*)

redcrab likes this.