How to install Thai font on phoneSupport

Last Updated: 2011-12-03 18:21:45
  1. darenb4

darenb4 New Member

hi. i have been trying to help out my dad with this problem. he has an orange san fransisco and so far i have done everythig he wanted (like remove all orange related apps). the problem i now have is he wants a Thai keyboard i hve tried to installed a few from the market but the letters show as squares. i read that i have to install a font pack. i tried this but had no luck kept saying permission denied when i tried to paste the font pack in /system/font. can anyone help me with this.. thanks

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

There's an app called ROM toolbox which has a few fonts for you to download, you could try that?

Alternatively, Anysoft keyboard apparently works and has a Thai font pack/keyboard plug in you can install. Have you tried that one?
  3. darenb4

darenb4 New Member

anysoft key board shows squares. i will try the rom tool box,, thanks :)
  4. technomad

technomad Member

I just tried Go SMS Keyboard and GO SMS Thai language pack. It worked I could type my name in Thai, send it to a Thai friend, she replied with her name, both of us could read the Thai fonts.

She just received her San Francisco II today, I was just testing because she was asking me about Thai keyboards and fonts. I have the Dell XCD35 (ZTE) as well as my LG Optimus 2X.

--damole
    El Presidente likes this.