How to install the ROM file?

Last Updated:

1. ryan2202

ryan2202 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

N00b here, sorry for being late to the party, but I made it lol.

Just rooted my EVO with the toast root. Seems to have worked fine, was able to make a backup, etc. Now I want to install the Fresh 0.2 ROM but Im stuck. I have downloaded the .zip file to my PC, but now what? How do I actually run the install of the zip file? All the instructions say are to "Download" the ROM zip file...but what do you do after that? Extract or copy it to the SDCard? Through cmd prompt? Need SDK/Java/Eclipse etc in order to install it? I think I have confused myself by searching the forum for the last hour. Go easy on me.

Advertisement
  2. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member

Place the .zip file on your SD card, and seeing how your rooted, you should be able to boot into your recovery console on your phone, right? Just boot into recovery, then install zip from sdcard. Pretty easy.

3. ryan2202

Thanks. Ok I understand the process now, however I do not seem to be getting the full option list when I am in recovery mode. Does this mean my root didnt take and I dont have the right user privilege?

4. ryan2202

Got it. 3rd times the charm. Looks like I wasnt doing the recovery mode portion correctly. Fresh is installed. All good now :)