• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to install themes...

1eyebrother

Aug 6, 2010
I have tried the search button and have not found what I am lookin for...My droid is rooted with the current version of BB...I see all these cool themes and I have no clue on how to install them on my phone...Basically I don't want to screw up my phone...Any help would be appreciated...Thanks in advance!

I have tried the search button and have not found what I am lookin for...My droid is rooted with the current version of BB...I see all these cool themes and I have no clue on how to install them on my phone...Basically I don't want to screw up my phone...Any help would be appreciated...Thanks in advance!

You install a theme on a rooted phone, the same way you install a rom. In your case, with BB, download the theme to your PC, rename it update.zip (make sure it's update.zip, not update.zip.zip), put it on your SD Card's root, reboot into recovery and install it just like the rom.

HTH,

-Mike

Reactions: 1eyebrother
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones