• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HOW TO: Installing Froyo 2.2

Do you have to remove all apps and widgets and will you have to restore any contacts and what not when doing this????

All your settings and apps are preserved.

For anyone looking for the Flash apk, heres where I got it. I'll post a link to the site where I found it:

Download: Flash Player 10.1 for Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I figure a lot of people already know where to get it, but maybe this will be helpful to one person.

The update comes with the final 10.1 preinstalled. There's no need to go looking for anything.

Upvote 0
I have downloaded and installed this update. Works like a charm! My only problem I have is that my phone still does not ring when I get a phone call. It rings for all other notifications. I read that microsoft is aware of this problem and it was going to be fixed with Froyo, but it did not fix it for my phone. I have checked the setting numerous times, and the sound for phone calls stopped after the first week of getting the phone. Anyone have any idea's?

Upvote 0
Ok this is very simple folks. I took a trip to the root forum for some info for us common folk.

This is a LEAKED release, therefore motorola has not officially pushed it to our devices yet.

To install is easy

First download the file update.zip

update.zip

Now

1: Move update.zip to your SD card, do not put it in any folders, leave it on the root of the SD card. Do not unzip it.

2:Turn off your phone

3:Boot your phone into recovery mode. Do this by holding the home button and power button at the same time, until the motorola logo appears.

4:Use camera zoom keys to scroll down to "Apply update.zip"

5:Reboot phone

6:Enjoy!

What is the root of the SD card???

Upvote 0
What are the differences between the current and the leak. Anyone care to elaborate for us please????

I sure will.

221493651_476b77be4d.jpg

2010-ford-mustang-gt.jpg

Upvote 0
When i hold down the power and home buttons all i get is the little droid guy standing under a triangle with an exclamation mark in it. No text at all to choose "apply update". Anyone else have this happen?

When you see him, press the search button. It's the magnifying glass looking button on the right side of the face on your X.

Upvote 0
Mine no work!

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

??
Tim
Update
Files was not in the update folder, reloaded to sd in update folder. Just booted it worked!
Tim

Upvote 0
I am not rooted, but went ahead and did this and had no problems. I have LaunchPro on my phone and did not have to remove it or anything. The boot did take forever it seemed, I was getting nervous when the Driod eye kept looking at me like I did something wrong. After about 5 minutes it booted just fine and everything looked the same. However when you get in to Gmail it has been improved, the calendar looks a lot nicer and FLASH!!! Only been on it for a little bit, but this thing rocks.

IMO - Well worth it!

Reactions: FoxtrotUniform
Upvote 0
Ok, so has there been any definitive word yet on whether or not this will keep us from getting the official OTA 2.2 update? Also, Motorola made mention of several bug fixes in the official 2.2 that some people are saying are not fixed in this leak (i.e.- the "Smart Profile" feature locking the phone on Vibrate). Does this mean that this is not the same update version that will be shipping out OTA?

Lastly, as an academic question, what is it about this leak that allows us to install it without Root, Custom Recovery, or a ROM Manager? I am still trying to understand these terms better, but they seem to come up in any discussions of manual OS changes.

Thanks in advance, fellow Droid X lovers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones