How to keep screen on all the time when plugged in?Support

1. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 Well-Known Member

I would like my screen to stay on when I have the phone plugged in, seems to be fine when plugged in at home.. I went into developer mode and selected the setting to stay on when plugged in but the phone goes dim after a few seconds of no use when connected when I actually want it to stay on.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Advertisement
    :
  2. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

that developer setting will not allow the screen to stay at full brightness, if that's what you're expecting. the screen will stay on and go dim, but not turn completely off.

this may also depend on what application you're using. some apps allow the screen to stay on with full brightness whether plugged in or not. for example dolphin browser has the setting for the screen to stay on when the browser is in use.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

You can do this with Tasker, which I thoroughly recommend. It is very powerful although it isn't the easiest program to use.

It's a paid app but it's well worth the money. It's one of the best Android apps I've ever bought. I have no connection with the developer BTW, I'm just a satisfied customer.
  4. Yourconnexx

Yourconnexx Member

"day dream" is the only thing close to being able to keep the screen on while charging.

click

settings
    my device
    display
    daydream

pretty much the same effect as the screen going asleep. only difference is there is one less step because you dont have to "wake" the phone up, then unlock the screen. you simply touch the screen and you are right back to where you left off. click the gear icon beside any of the choices for more options as far as what you want to display.

i dont have a password or security pattern set up on my phone so im not sure if it comes into play on day dream mode. this is yet another drop of the ball by samsung. unless someone knows something that hasnt been posted yet.
  5. rpmc65

rpmc65 Member

There is an app called "caffeine" that you can download and works well, you can turn it off or on whenever you wish.
    kaslkaos likes this.