• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to keep web page tabs from reloading every time I open them?

J S Machine

Jul 28, 2010
I don't know if this is something specific to Chrome, or if it happens in other browsers and there might be a way to turn off the option or something.

It happens each time I am viewing something in a browser tab, say half way down a page of an article, and I switch apps by pressing the bottom right button that enables you to choose between apps. Let's say I want to use my calculator app for a second. So I do that, and then when I go back to the app tab with the web browser page, it automatically starts to reload or refresh. I don't want it to do that. Just sitting right where I left it would be great.

Is there a way to get this option?

Thanks.

Chrome on my Turbo 2 under 6.0.1 ...

When switching tasks through the previous apps window the Chrome pagfe postion I had is retained.

I cannot duplicate the problem.

Are you using the latest version of Chrome?

Does this happen with all web pages or just some of them? Can you provide the URL of a page there it happens?

... Thom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones