how to kill arrows at bottom of ginger keyboard?

Last Updated: 2012-02-07 00:29:40
  1. scottfarcuz

scottfarcuz Active Member

so I just got a casio commando last week and did not like the keyboard options on it so I downloaded the gingerbread keyboard from the market as this is what I ran on my old droid...

Everything was right with the world then today somehow the navigation(arrow) keys showed up at the bottom of the keyboard. I would much rather have the screen space to see what I am typing. Can anyone tell me how to turn them off?

I'm sure its some combo I hit on accident but I have spent the last hour on google all with results of people that want the stupid arrows turned on. How do I get rid of them????

And yes I have looked in setting/keyboard, advance setting, etc.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You can swipe up and down on the space bar to show/hide the arrow keys. By that I mean you press down on the space bar and then drag your finger up/down a bit before releasing. Hope that helps :)
  3. scottfarcuz

thanks!

something so simple was driving me crazy and I knew it was something I did by mistake...
  4. Xyro

No problem :)

It's actually a useful feature once you get the hang of it, those arrow keys do come in handy occasionally.
  5. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

I love this forum simply because I just logged online less then a minute ago and I already learned something new.
    Xyro likes this.
  6. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

Is that part of the official gb keyboard or just the market one?

I can't do it on the stock cm7 gb kbd but just found out about this last night, my wife had arrows on her market gb keyboard. She didn't like, I looked all though the settings and then had to google to figure out how to get them to go away. (google found it in an xda thread for me.)

Really wish I'd have found this out 6 mos ago when I started using market gb kbd until I rooted and did cm7 last week and started using go keybaord full time. That is so awesome you can hide them like that.
  7. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

I'm using the market version. No idea about the official Gingerbread keyboard.
  8. Xyro

Yeah, I'm on cyanogen 7 and it doesn't work on the stock keyboard. I guess the guy who put it on the market added that feature.
  9. scottfarcuz

This is the market GB KB but I just came from a driod running CM and I tried this earlier after learning they existed and it did not work on it.

It is a really handy feature on this new phone with no KB. I have used it several times to edit text since learning how to open/close them. Thank you again!
  10. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

I have been looking all over for a keyboard with arrows. I bought Swift Key X as it has an option for them. I considered buying "Arrows keyboard" which has a rocker panel of them. But this market Gingerbread version is much better.

Now if I could just find one with arrows but absolutely no predictive text (which is much better for old farts who learned English) I would be really happy.
  11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

You can turn off predictive text in the settings.