1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to know when my phone is fully charged?Support

1. GTraymond

GTraymond Well-Known Member

Hey i just got my phone today so happy. Its a samsung galaxy ace how do i know when it is fully charged?

Advertisement
    :
  2. GTraymond

GTraymond Well-Known Member

3. bewpy

bewpy New Member

You should research on google on how to "condition" your battery. People say to let your phone fully die when you get it, then once it is dead.. charge it for about 8 hours or so, and repeat this like 3-4 times. This supposedly helps you get the most outta your battery. So bascially do the following.

1. Kill your battery when you first get the phone, let it die completely.
    2. Dont turn it on, hook it up to your charger, then it charge for 8 hours or so.
    3. Use your phone till it completely dies again.
    4. Do step 2 and 3, about 3-4 times.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

You dont need to follow the 8hr charge. Just charge it until its full. The timed charge is only for the old batteries which had memory effects and such, and not relevant on new battery technology.

As for knowing when its fully charged, it will beep once it is, and you will have a battery icon with "100" on it on your notification bar. The phone will automatically stop charging. But once battery level goes below 97%, it will start charging again.
  5. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Veddy eenterestink. My battery isn’t new, but was never “conditioned” in its infancy. I suppose I could do that now if I pull the SD and backup, do the deed, then restore and remount the SD?
  6. DonJ

DonJ Active Member

I understood the days of battery memory (NiCad) had long since gone and that 'plastic' type lithiums can be charged during any period without it remembering. And as already stated, the Green battery icon appears top left and it beeps.
  7. spinal

spinal Member

You don't need to 'condition' your battery. just plug it in when you think you need to, it will beep once it's full.
  8. sandeepmv

sandeepmv Member

True... you will get a notification on left side of notification bar with battery symbol containing "100%" in it once battery is completely 100% charged...
  9. jefboyardee

10. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Yes, it deletes the batterystats.bin file which gives your phone a rough estimate of what a full charge is. Charge till full (the app will beep), then hit calibrate, unplug and let your phone die. The batterystats.bin will be recreated once your phone turns on/dies, I can't remember which.

You need root for the app to work though.
  11. jefboyardee

Thanks, but are you sure of that? I’m asking because neither the market nor the dev site mentions that word, far as I can see.
  12. El Presidente

Yep :)

Check the 2nd line of the description in the first link you posted:

jefboyardee likes this.
  13. jefboyardee

14. mumuyanto

mumuyanto New Member

Dear All,

Please kindly advice me on this matter, I bought Galaxy Ace lAst month, oevery time i Charge for 2 1/2 hour (in off condition) and once it reach 100% pull the charger and on the phone

But the battery indicator always show only 97%

Before i off the phone i used advance task killer to switch off all aplication including wifi or internet connection.

Can anybody advice me how to solve this probelm.

Thanks in advance :D
  15. El Presidente

Task killers are pretty bad for Android and conflict with the OS's own task management capabilities so it would be a good idea to uninstall that to start off with.

Also, some phones are hard coded to report a full charge before they're actually fully charged. This can extend the life of the battery as the lithium ion batteries in modern phones don't really like full charge/discharge cycles. Also, full is an estimate so when off it might give one value, but when turned on, it will report another.

It's not unusual and happens on my handset a fair bit.
    mumuyanto likes this.
  16. mumuyanto

mumuyanto New Member

So what best way to solve this problem?
    Should I just install android booster instead?
    Or not install anthing for this
    Need you advice Thank you
  17. El Presidente

It's not a problem per s