HOW TO: Live Wallpaper without RootingTips

Last Updated:

1. jazzeratheart

jazzeratheart Member

The directions worked wonderfully for me. Live Wallpapers now have bugs running across my screen. Thank you! ;)

2. ThaMoment

ThaMoment New Member

I just did it and it works fine. But im using pandaHome and after this update it started FC and my phone started to lag and I would end up with a black screen and would have to remove my battery. Also my live wallpaper only shows on the lock screen not after i unlock it. Any solutions?

3. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

Thank you!! Like others, I tried using the instructions from SDX and went thru many threads trying to figure it out. Found this thread, followed the simple instructions and BAM! I got stars flying at my screen! Thanks again!
  4. s2k

s2k Member

Thanks! got it to work the 1st time, no problems
  5. Rawready

Rawready New Member

im interested in an answer to this question as well...
    Hola Mamacita likes this.
  6. Hola Mamacita

Hola Mamacita Member

Zimlanfire THANK YOU SO MUCH. I did this tonight after work, was a little nervous but after reading how much everyone loved the results with their live wallpaper I had to try it too....I love my Plasma live wallpaper and can't wait for my fiancee to come home from work so I can fix up his phone also....listen to me....I sound like someone that just came home after plastic surgery!
  7. Hola Mamacita

Hola Mamacita Member

me too, so easy a caveman can do it!:p
  8. ZimLanfire

ZimLanfire Active Member

You guys are VERY welcome! :)

I was the same way -After reading through several "How To" posts on how to get that stuff to work, I was confused, upset, and frustrated. But after I finally figured it out and got it to work, I decided to type something up for everyone else that I saw having trouble too.

That post was getting buried, so I just created a new one so that everyone could find it easier.

Like I said though, FULL credit to the other posters. I just put THEIR advice together into one (hopefully) easy-to-follow set of instructions. I just posted step-by-step, EXACTLY what I did to get it to work on my phone.

Thanks for the praise and support guys! Rock on!
  9. maylea

maylea Well-Known Member

I never understood why everyone was so upset about the 2.1 update not giving the Moment eye candy. Now I do! I love these live wallpapers on my Moment! I am so glad I decided to read this topic and then do the fix. Thank you do much for making this understandable and straight forward. I have the plasma live wall paper and it has made me love my phone even more. :p
  10. abraham k

abraham k New Member

Just did it today! Worked perfectly! It kept everything On my phone the same! Good work!
  11. jkh

jkh Member

thanks for the info..spent 5 hrs of my life trying to root lastnite ..l.woke up spent 20 following ur directions and wallpaper working ...thanks homie
  12. deshaun84

deshaun84 New Member

i got a replacement moment from sprint and the trackpad doesnt work at all.. so this is a issue because thats the only way there is to select the options in recovery mode. if anyone knows another way to get the live wallpapers or any custom zip on my phone other than using the recovery mode way please let me know because this really really sucks
  13. SirCheese

SirCheese Well-Known Member

I am following these instructions, but when I get to the recovery point, choose apply, I get failed to open /sdcard/ and it does not allow me to choose anything? Any ideas?
  14. SirCheese

This is EXACTLY what I am getting! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP :)
  15. ZimLanfire

ZimLanfire Active Member

THE key to getting Live Wallpapers without rooting is REPLACING the 2.1 updater with the CL14 updater. If you skip that step, replacing the package (.tar file) won't matter because it won't work.

You also HAVE to use the new recovery updater. If you try to use the stock updater, it won't work.

Most of the time that people are having problems, they're skipping through some of the instructions etc. Each step is important and has a specific function to getting the Live's to work without rooting. :)
  16. SirCheese

Well, I can tell you i followed these instructions the exact way and I am still getting it.
  17. SirCheese

It worked now, what happened, was the SWUPGRADE process didn't finish completely the first time.
  18. jkh

jkh Member

this x's 100000000000

must use the CL14 updater
  19. van692

van692 Member

If I remember correctly I used the volume up/down button to navigate up/down in recovery mode (but I could be wrong). I hate using the trackpad so I don't think I've ever used it for anything.
  20. pen.suhl

pen.suhl Member

ohh and thanks OP.
  21. Jet5683

Jet5683 New Member

Thanks ALOT Very pleased with the Moment now... NO LAG
  22. ThaMoment

ThaMoment New Member

I used this about 2 weeks ago on my moment and it works perfect. But make sure you have a full battery and follow the directions word for word and step by step.....DO NOT JUMP AHEAD....
  23. tylermorris67

tylermorris67 New Member

Works great. Thanks for the posting
  24. luzader24

luzader24 New Member

I'm going to give this a try Tomorrow. Should I back my phone up before I install this? In case I need to reset or something? First time trying anything on the moment i have. dont want to Brick it
  25. luzader24

luzader24 New Member

PERFECT! Worked the first try and I have no Experience at any of this stuff. Thanks so much for giving me more eye candy for my Moment! Again, Thanks!