How to load a 2nd Gmail account onto Eris?General

Last Updated:

1. StaskerzDroid

StaskerzDroid New Member This Topic's Starter

Good morning,
    I am having trouble loading a 2nd (additional) Gmail account onto new Eris. Loaded 1st Gmail account at set-up just fine, but when attempting to do the 2nd one, all I get is "Warning - Authentication failed. Please verify your username/password." ... and am absolutely/positively certain they are keyed properly. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Nate

Nate Active Member

I am not sure about this one, but would you be interested in fowarding the second email to the first one? I am pretty sure you can create folders for your email. This means when you go into your email you can choose folder A or folder B. As well, emails will automatically be sorted within them. Hope I somewhat helped :).

3. StaskerzDroid

StaskerzDroid New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, Nate...
    Thanks for the thought. No, fwding the 2nd account to the 1st account which loaded successfully to the Eris isn't an option in this case. Can the Eris handle multiple Gmail accounts?-maybe this is the problem?

4. mcpoppop

mcpoppop New Member

Actually this is a deal breaker situation for me. I'm up for an upgrade in 10 days and have briefly tried a non-activated Eris. Love the phone,form factor,in short everything about the Eris. With that said, I'm a consultant with two gmail accounts and a hotmail account. The two gmails are for two of my clients, so I need to be able to access both,all the time. It's no problem for my 2 year old bb Curve but if I can't get both on an Eris I'll have to get another bb. Can anybody answer this question? TIA :eek:

5. jta827

jta827 New Member

You can't load multiple accounts in the actual Gmail app AFAIK, but you can load many more in the standard android mail app via pop/imap.

6. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

Are you serious? You can not have more than one gmail acct setup on it? I have three accts setup on the Moto Droid as well as two pop accts. That does kind of suck if that turns out to be the case.

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

you have 3 gmail accts setup on the gmail app, or 1 on gmail and 2 on the standard mail app.

8. waremaster

3 in the gmail app 2 in the pop accts.

9. Caddyman

i would assume this is a 2.0 feature, nice....

10. waremaster

The Moto Droid is 2.0 yes.

11. Caddyman

yeah that is what i meant. if in fact you (2.0) can add multiple gmail acct in the gmail app, and eris (1.5) can't, it would make sense. so i guess something for the eris users to look forward too...

for the record i am not really a gmail user but this phone i guess is forcing me to be one :(

i just wish you would get the color coded labels to come thru on the gmail app, i hear that the droid can't do this either? all the labels online say are different colors but come in blue on the phone.

12. waremaster

The pop accts. are color coded not the gmail accts.

13. Caddyman

yeah i avoided using the pop acct cause of the time delay. i only use my sites accts like

@talkdelaware.com
    @talkpa.net
    @netbookmodz.com
    @talkphillysports.com

and coming from a BB there was a considerable delay in getting these via the pop account mail app. so instead i forward them to my gmail and get them almost instantly.

14. waremaster

To avoid those delays I have my gmail acct check those on one acct and when I send out on that acct it goes out on behalf of. I get the email as quickly as I did on my Storm before the droid.

15. Caddyman

right but doing a import on gmail, rather then a forward on your pop mail to gmail, you still deal with the gmail polling delay don't you?

i THINK i tried it the way you describe and when i went into the gmail settings it shows the acct's and says "last checked 22 minutes ago" etc

is there a way to do it differently?

16. waremaster

I'll have a look at the setting and see if there is an interval. I do not remember seeing one. Each time I loaded gmail and check it always said last checked 1 minute ago. When you did it did you do it as pop or gmail? Maybe thats the difference? I used gmail.

17. Caddyman

wierd, yeah check it out plz. i would love to know the exact way to setup these phones for optimal email receiving.

18. Mortgage_It

Mortgage_It Well-Known Member

bump, i would like to refresh this thread. i'd like to hear from folks running 2 or more gmail accounts on Eris. how did you set it up? what works? it appears to me that android 1.5 handles this completely differently than android 2.0 - anyone have insight on this? thanks!

19. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

I just have 1 on gmail app and 2 on imap standard.

20. Mortgage_It

So the other 2 on imap are set to get email how often? 15 minutes, the default?

21. Mortgage_It

forgot one more question...would you agree that we must set multiple gmail accounts up this way b/c it is a limitation with android 1.5? if eris gets 2.0 or better, we may be able to have them all as "true push" in the gmail app? or, is this a senseUI limit? thank you.

22. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I am interested in this as well. I have 3 different gmail accounts (1 main, and 2 for other purposes when I'd rather not give out my real e-mail). At home I use Outlook, and I have it set up where I can choose which e-mail account I am sending from, and it also shows me which e-mail account each message is received from. I'd like something like this on the Eris, if it exists ;)

23. bigdroid

I have one set at every 5 minutes and the other at every 15 minutes.

24. bigdroid

I don't think it is as much as a SenseUI limit as it is a 2.0 feature. :)

25. Mortgage_It

many thanks for the help. last question on this topic...setting "every 5 minutes" does not seem to kill a battery?