How to load homepage without going to bookmarks?

Last Updated:

1. Tomjh99

Tomjh99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

When I am using the brorwer and I go to a website, and after I am done looking at whatever it is I looked at I just just hit the home button and it take me out of the browser. Now when I go to use the browser again it pulls up with the last website I was looking at. I hit the menu key and usually have to tap bookmarks and then tap my homescreen bookmark. Is there an alternative way to load my homescreen ?

Advertisement
  2. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

Apparently not. Silly, isn't it?

Pete

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

If using a task killer, kill the browser and the next time you enter the. browser it'll be your homepage.

I know of no other way to do it....

4. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member

I usually back out of the web browser. The next time I go into the browser, I'm at the home page. Or as stated above, use a Task Killer

5. osli

osli Well-Known Member

If you have some real estate left on your home screens,try using a bookmarks widget. My left of center home screen has my bookmarks, and that's always how I enter the browser. Just set your home screen as the top entry in the bookmarks widget.

6. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well. I created a shortut icon to a bookmark of my homepage and use it to start the browser. This works great.

Jack

7. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

On the home screen, long press and select Shortcut. From there select Bookmark. It will show you a list of your bookmarked sites. I select which site I want and it sits right on the "desktop" so when I click it I open Google.com (or what ever home page you wish it to be)

8. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Also if you use Dolphin browser, you can create a gesture (pattern to swipe on the screen) that will take you to your home page.