How to make a video call with qik?

Last Updated:

1. 2jzgze

2jzgze Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I click on video chat and then how do I add a qik buddy?

Any tutorials?

Advertisement
  2. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

Video Chat

Video Chat allows you to share what's ever happening around you with almost anyone.

Simply click on Video Chat and select the person from your phone address book. If the person you are inviting has the Qik app on their phone, their phone rings and with a single click both of you are video chatting away.

To hear each other, the person who initiated the call just talks. The person who received the call, needs to press and hold the "Talk" button (microphone icon) in order to be heard.

You can switch back and forth between front camera and back camera to share different views.

If the other person does not have the Qik app on their phone, they’ll receive an SMS with a link and will be able see and hear what you are recording on their mobile browse. They'll be able to communicate back to you through text chats.

3. nitty917

nitty917 Well-Known Member

idk but Qik is all jacked up, it wont verify my phone number, but it still works ,go figure

4. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

Just got it to work and got my# verified.. unfortunately I'm the only one that has an EVO in my family so it's kind of pointless.. But I think it would be nice if they had like an icon or something showing which contacts have Qik instead of your entire phonebook. Or like how you can link a contact with their FB account that would be great if you could do that with Qik... oh well.

5. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Like it says above, they can watch you stream or I believe there is a new Qik app for desktop PCs (like Skype) so you can video chat with a PC to your EVO.

6. MDbandit

MDbandit Well-Known Member

7. passivesf

passivesf Well-Known Member

both my wife and I have evo's and we can not get qik/video conferencing working... :/