How to make Android phone plays QuickTime?

1. hajimeabc

hajimeabc Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

hajimeabc likes this.
  3. hajimeabc

Thanks. I installed it two weeks ago but I could not watch QuickTime videos using the two browsers I mentioned. So, I uninstalled it. Is there a setting that I should change?

Few days ago, people at Dolphin asked me to check whether I have Android or Desktop User Agent selected. They also asked me to check the option of Flash Player under Web Content. I tried various combinations (after I uninstalled MX Player) but nothing works.
  4. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

ive found mobo player works quite well, i cant try the links just now as im at work and only have a g connection on phone...
    hajimeabc likes this.
  5. hajimeabc

Thanks. Just installed it but doesn't work. After I pressed the play button on the screen, the first frame of the video remains. Do I have to somehow link this app to the browser? For Dolphin Browser HD, which option should I choose under User Agent and WebContent->Flash Player? Currently, I have Desktop and On Demand respectively. If I change the User Agent to Android (default), the first frame does not even show up. Instead, there is a blue lego-like symbol (with two question marks) on the screen.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Did you set all this video players for sw decoding for this video file ?

Harry
    hajimeabc likes this.
  7. hajimeabc

I am very sorry. What do you mean by "sw decoding"? Under MoboPlayer, I checked "Default Using Soft-Decoding" if that is what you meant. Still doesn't work.
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Yes, this I was meaning.
    The player does use is own software decoder, with hardware decoding the player uses the stock player.

Harry
    hajimeabc likes this.
  9. hajimeabc

Thanks. At this stage, what suggestion do you have in terms of solving the problem?
    I am a bit confused... How does changing the setting of this MoboPlayer affects the ability of the browser to play back QuickTime videos?
  10. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Further using the browser to stream the QuickTime video?
    I have had the impression that in meantime you have got the file, sorry.
    Then, the video player's settings would affect their playing's.

I think, the browser needs a plugin for to stream QuickTime, not sure about that such a item is available yet.

Harry
    hajimeabc likes this.
  11. substring

substring Well-Known Member

When it comes to video player, VLC is the best in the desktop/laptop world. It plays any format without manual configuration. I have been waiting for it to come to Android (as GA version and not hack version). A couple weeks ago, the software vendor tweeted about "Android, here we come". I still have not seen it in Google Play yet. But I wonder it might be because of the Android version. I will check again when I get my Galaxy S III running ICS.

You might want to check into this player.
    hajimeabc likes this.
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I set Flash on demand in Boat Browser, then when I tap the link or video frame, it lets me choose to download or open.

I choose Open, that lets me choose my player from there.

I have too many friends posting their QT movies so that is pretty handy.

It already knows to allow choice of compatible players.
    ocnbrze and hajimeabc like this.
  13. hajimeabc

This is strange... I have never been offered the option of choosing the player in case like this.

When I chose Desktop as the User Agent, touching the play video button on the website results in the first frame only (see export_01.jpg and export_03.jpg). When I changed Android (default) as the User Agent, I got the blue lego-like symbol (see export_02.jpg). Flash has been set to On Demand.

Attached Files:

14. EarlyMon

After the attachments upload, click the paper clip again to include them.

The option may not appear on Dolphin, not sure.
    hajimeabc likes this.
  15. hajimeabc

I tried the stock Internet browser app again. Even I have both MX Player and MoboPlayer installed, the browser just displayed a blue lego-like symbol like the one shown in exprt_02.jpg. No option of video player was offered.
  16. EarlyMon

I am using Boat Browser.

And it also depends on the the container type. If it's a mov file, I have to download it. QuickTime supports several types.

Let me try that Apple site.
  17. EarlyMon

I couldn't get anywhere with their site, sorry.
  18. hajimeabc

Thanks for trying. I tried to watch the trailers on:

iTunes Movie Trailers

When I clicked Ciroue Du Soleil 3D and then "Watch Now"
    (or "Watch HD"), the screen on my Galaxy Note is slightly
    dimmed as if the phone was preparing to show the video.
    However, nothing shows up even after waiting for a long time.
  19. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I think these should stream OK in a player of your choice in theory, but because this is Apple, they might be doing some kind of User Agent String to make sure you're using their crappy bloated Quicktime software or are using iOS devices.
  20. hajimeabc

So, iPhone cannot play Flash while Android phone cannot play QuickTime?
  21. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I'm just getting a message about the IP address of your browsing computer is banned when trying to view those.
  22. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Android can certainly play streamed H264 MP4 videos OK, which is what Quicktime is. I'm sure it's just Apple playing dirty tricks here.
  23. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

If it wasn't embedded, it would open fine.
  24. hajimeabc

Do you mean Apple embedded those videos? What is the point of doing so? Perhaps to make it difficult for android users to view the videos and switch to iPhone?
  25. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I think that's what it is. Can't view them on a PC either, not without having Apple's junky bloated Quicktime thing installed.