• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to make Launcher Pro work for D2?

W

WoodiE55

I've heard good stuff about the app, Launcher Pro and thought about trying it out. After downloading it and installing I was able to double tap my home button and Launcher Pro then replaced Blur but I could never find the screen to change any of the options for Launcher Pro.

I then read that Home Switcher needed to be installed and was about to download it when the first line of text for Home Switcher in the Market is that it's not supported for Froyo 2.2.

Does anyone know of another program that I can use in order to get Launcher Pro to work correctly on my D2 and also be able to view the programs options/settings page?

When you install Launcher Pro, it will come up by default. To change settings, from any home screen click the menu button > Preferences.

Home switcher isn't supported by 2.2. If you want to go back to the default launcher app, you have to uninstall Launcher Pro, but you can back up your homescreens and preferences.

Upvote 0
You don't have to uninstall Launcher Pro to change your default home screen...you can also install any other home screen on your droid - you will get prompted to select your default the first time you hit "Home" after the install. A kudge, but maybe better than unistalling LP, as if you uninstall/reinstall LP you'll have to re-do all your LP preferences, and though you can back up your screen icons, all non-LP widgets also need to be re-done.

I thought you'd also be able to clear defaults in Settings>Apps>Manage but neither LP nor the stock Home have defaults set, even though LP is my default launcher...weird.

Upvote 0
When you install Launcher Pro, it will come up by default. To change settings, from any home screen click the menu button > Preferences.

Home switcher isn't supported by 2.2. If you want to go back to the default launcher app, you have to uninstall Launcher Pro, but you can back up your homescreens and preferences.

I've found that Home Switcher works, but it won't allow you to set a default. So you can switch back and forth between default and Launcher Pro, but hitting the home button will always take you to Launcher Pro.

Upvote 0
I've found that Home Switcher works, but it won't allow you to set a default. So you can switch back and forth between default and Launcher Pro, but hitting the home button will always take you to Launcher Pro.

Yes on the Droid X, Home Switcher worked on but 2.1 and 2.2 but it would not let you set the default for stock blur home, while having launcher pro installed. Launcher pro could be default just not stock home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones