• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to make own theme?

Can someone please tell me what kind of rom is "Broken out Esteem" cause im using UOT Kitchen. Kitchen and im trying to load a boot animation on to it and its asking what time of rom its is. Thanks

*correction=Where to place the rom!!! sorry guys!

Where would it ask that at?

Only thing you need to do is add the system files. NOTHING else gets changed.

Upvote 0
It asks that in the bootanimations page of the kitchen....the top menu....

Oh. Sense is the default for our phone.

A lot of people boot looped their phone changing boot animations through here.

Make the theme without boot animation. Then go back and make the theme with JUST the boot animation but using ROM files that actually work.

Then just simply 7zip the theme and pull the boot animation and put it into the theme your going to flash.

Or use ROM toolbox and change the boot animation that way.

Reactions: UlovPlanters
Upvote 0
Oh. Sense is the default for our phone.

A lot of people boot looped their phone changing boot animations through here.

Make the theme without boot animation. Then go back and make the theme with JUST the boot animation but using ROM files that actually work.

Then just simply 7zip the theme and pull the boot animation and put it into the theme your going to flash.

Or use ROM toolbox and change the boot animation that way.
the main cause of boot loops is because the installer-script uot generates sometimes doesn't work.. it ALWAYS better to pull your changed files out of the uot.zip and make your own lol

Reactions: Fuzzy13
Upvote 0
SOB! Thats what I was originality looking for. Couldnt find it so I said screw it (combination of triedness and drunk). Yeah was looking into themeing some stuff out. Im very particular on the way I like things look like. Wanted to make my own battery icon where its a toilet and a guy is gunna poop and right before your battery dies the guy poops....so when you say "damn my phone took a shit" it quite literally just did.

Upvote 0
No problem. There are some sites that you can get BA's from that are really cool. Just google it and make a backup before you do anything. ;)

Ive done that before and come to think of it I always like the one with the android at war. Its not in the kitchen and i was going to change it back to that anyway. once again thanks

Upvote 0
Can someone please tell me what kind of rom is "Broken out Esteem" cause im using UOT Kitchen. Kitchen and im trying to load a boot animation on to it and its asking what time of rom its is. Thanks

*correction=Where to place the rom!!! sorry guys!

Use either the 3rd or 4th option its the same...system/media is where the bootanimation is stored for the lg esteem. If you want to check just use root explorer or something similar and navigate to system then media and you will see bootanimation.zip thats the file of the bootanimation which contains usually 2 folders but can be one filled with png's and a text file called desc.txt

*EDIT: for some reason I thought this wasnt answered yet. So if it has already been answered sorry.

Reactions: UlovPlanters
Upvote 0
Ulovmynuts said:
Has anyone personally used UOT Kitchen. Kitchen ? I'm using it and I'm not so sure about it now that someone said people bootloop their phone from doing that. Can anyone tell me that it works for to say away from specific things?

Just stay away from boot animation dude. I've use the kitchen a hundred times and never had issues.

I usually extract the files from the zip and push them to my phone with commander. I don't flash it.

Upvote 0
All good. If you have any questions you know where to find me
wink.png
i just wanted to ask if u try to edit ur own theme do ur phone need to be rooted or not?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones