• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to make screenshot (in JB)

For anybody who is looking for the way to make a screenshot now :

Before, this was possible by tapping the dedicated button on the bottom of the street.
I regret that this button has dissapeared in the new version.

However : in Jelly Bean, it can be done by pressing the ON/OFF-button and the VOLUME DOWN button simultaneously. Exactly together at the same time, cause the machine is not forgiving on this point.

Good luck !

Reactions: Deleted User
For anybody who is looking for the way to make a screenshot now :

Before, this was possible by tapping the dedicated button on the bottom of the street.
I regret that this button has dissapeared in the new version.

However : in Jelly Bean, it can be done by pressing the ON/OFF-button and the VOLUME DOWN button simultaneously. Exactly together at the same time, cause the machine is not forgiving on this point.

Good luck !

You tapped a button at the bottom of the street? :D

Upvote 0
Quick question, does it give a flash or any visual confirmation that the screenshot was successful? Also, is there anyone in contact with the dev team at android who can maybe ask them why they would remove the button? An upgrade should be easier to use, not harder, hence the "up". Wish I could go back to ice cream sandwich...

Upvote 0
Best maybe to add this too :
It's not easy at all to make the screen shot.
You really have to press the two buttons at the same time and there can be not some milliseconds difference.
So, not alone, it's not a real UP, The function they created instead is not working too well or not comfortable to use at all.
Nevertheless : best of luck to all of you about this :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones