1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to make screenshot (in JB)Tips

1. haelewyn

haelewyn Active Member

For anybody who is looking for the way to make a screenshot now :

Before, this was possible by tapping the dedicated button on the bottom of the street.
    I regret that this button has dissapeared in the new version.

However : in Jelly Bean, it can be done by pressing the ON/OFF-button and the VOLUME DOWN button simultaneously. Exactly together at the same time, cause the machine is not forgiving on this point.

Good luck !

Advertisement
    :
    Mackinon likes this.
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

You tapped a button at the bottom of the street? :D
  3. haelewyn

haelewyn Active Member

Yeah.. I wonder where i got that idea :)
    Can only happen if you see your tablet as a street and all the apps on it as small houses.

But to be honest with you... I just had a small mind - failure.
  4. Chucktown75

Chucktown75 New Member

Quick question, does it give a flash or any visual confirmation that the screenshot was successful? Also, is there anyone in contact with the dev team at android who can maybe ask them why they would remove the button? An upgrade should be easier to use, not harder, hence the "up". Wish I could go back to ice cream sandwich...
  5. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

If you have the feature on where you hear a Sound n when you hit a button, you will hear the camera click. Otherwise you will see a brief flash on the edges of the screen and your notification bar will say saving screenshot.
  6. haelewyn

haelewyn Active Member

Best maybe to add this too :
    It's not easy at all to make the screen shot.
    You really have to press the two buttons at the same time and there can be not some milliseconds difference.
    So, not alone, it's not a real UP, The function they created instead is not working too well or not comfortable to use at all.
    Nevertheless : best of luck to all of you about this :)
  7. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I agree with others. It went from being very easy to being very hard to make a screenshot. I'm not getting the logic behind it!
  8. The_show

The_show Member

It works but i think its pretty damn ridiculous that you have to do that.
  9. kbbru

kbbru Well-Known Member

10. Chucktown75

Chucktown75 New Member

Finally figured out the screenshot. Boy, that was just painfully irritating. Thanks for the links, I may explore that option. There are things I like about the update, but still debating if it's worth keeping.