• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to make sim and device numbers together

gonah

Lurker
Jan 5, 2014
I have a samsung galaxy s3 and i have always had problem with this. I have my phone contacts and my sim contacts but i want to have them linked. For example i have the same person the sane number but they are seperated it shows me the same contact two times. I want them both linked. I tried to go to device contact and link with the sim contact but it dosent work sometimes it dosent show the sim contact and sometimes it just doesn't work. Two days ago i had my last update 4.3 and some contacts got linked together automatically after the update and some didnt. Why so? How can i link all of them? Thank you.

Why would you have them on both?

If you regularly use the SIM in different phones that have different Google accounts, put them all on the SIM card.

If you always use phones that are on the same Google account, put them all on the account. (It also gives you an automatic backup, since they're stored in the cloud, in addition to being stored in your phone.) Every phone on that account, regardless of the SIM card in it, will have the same contact list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones