How to make space on the phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. JoeHPSDA

JoeHPSDA Well-Known Member

My memory card stopped working so I used the phone without a memory card for a while but have now got a new card and put it in.

There is still lots of space on the memory card but the memory on the phone is nearly all used.

The phone keeps displaying the message that there is no space on the phone and I need to sort it out but I can't see how to do it.

When I look at the apps installed most are on the memory card but some are on the phone but I can't see how to move them (the move to SD card button is greyed out).

As it is I can't check my emails and do a few other things on the phone and keep getting the low space message.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. NoMayoPlease

NoMayoPlease Active Member

If you are rooted, you can use an app like "force to sd" or "Titanium Backup" which allows you to move almost every single app to the sd card. Also if you are rooted, download "SD Maid" which is a really good app for freeing up space on your phone. You could also try to delete any app that you no longer use or download an app from the market that allows you to erase all cache to free up some space.
  3. vonchi182

vonchi182 Well-Known Member

yeah.. if your rooted u can try these apps in the google play which can solve ur problems...

-link2sd
    -droidsailer
    -apps2sd

and many more... ^_^
  4. Juxxize

Juxxize Active Member

I have the exact same problem , i don't really want to root, I think i could do the root OK but i don't about the Roms that you need to install after the root ( I don't even know what they are Roms? )
    I've tried to do the 'Force apps to install on the memory card' using 'Android SDK' but for some reason my phone doesn't show up as connected to PC under devices so I can't enter the command 'pm setInstallLocation 2' which is odd because my phone shows as connected when i open kies .
    I'd really like to beable to get my app on my sd card because i have no room on my phone memory and are always getting the message 'low on internal memory' and as it is I can't do anything because it's always full at the moment my phone pretty useless it's always full i can't except new text messages etc it's driving me nuts .
    As my phone isn't showing up in devices in adb when i have it connected to my PC & debugging is enabled . Do you think I'm missing some USB drivers ? if so which ones? where can I can them from?. I've looked on the samsung site and downloaded kies ( although I don't have kies open on my PC when i try to do the adb command. any ideas anyone.?
  5. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

install a cache cleaner (like one-click cleaner). You might also use the task killer to kill background app's, although tk's are not usually recommended.
  6. JoeHPSDA

Thanks for the help. I've finally gotten around to rooting and installing Titanium Backup and moving some apps over. Still only got about 23mb free on the phone thought which is a pain but better than nothing.

Updates: Titanium Back was great, but it doesn't seem to be able to move Facebook or Google Plus apps to the SD card. Is that right?

Thanks.
  7. JoeHPSDA

8. JoeHPSDA

While this has sort of worked, it is not without its own problems.

The main one being that the apps that I linked regularly become unavailable on the phone.

The SD card can still be accessed via the file manager but none of the linked apps can be started until I turn the phone off and on again.

Sometimes the Link2SD icon/shortcut just vanishes and the apps cannot be run either.

Any ideas how to fix this?
  9. deepakd109

deepakd109 New Member

Hey, just download Droidsail app2sd app from play store. It can move every app even facebook and twitter to sd card.