How to make the LED notification light turn on only when I got notifications ?Support

1. Madaro

Madaro Active Member

Is that possible ? because its ALWAYS turned on on my galaxy s2.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Wow, I feel like I am answering the same question in a row in two post :D. I use lightflow to control my notification led as it lets me customize colors and the like.

As far as it being ALWAYS on, you may want to check in with your phones forum to see if this is a hardware issue or as setting on the phone.

androidforums.com/android-phones/
  3. Madaro

Madaro Active Member

Oh no,hope its not a hardware issue.I'm still in warranty time tho,well who isn't ? the phone didn't reach 1year from the time of its release lol.I'll check if its a hardware issue or not then I'll get that app ur using.Thanks !
  4. Madaro

Madaro Active Member

Shouldn't it only light when I get a notification ?
  5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Sometimes my notification LED is constantly on (or constantly blinking) on my Evo 3D. The way I fix it is by plugging in the phone for a second so that the LED goes from notification blink to red solid for charge.

Lightflow requires root access, which you may not have.
    Madaro likes this.
  6. Unforgiven

I'm not suggesting it is a hardware issue, just seems odd:confused: that it would always be on. I hope you find an answer for that.
    Madaro likes this.
  7. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I havent got a notification light!! Is this a new feature of the SGS2?
  8. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I've just landed in the Twilight Zone.

The GS2 has no dedicated notification LED!
  9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

To clarify:
    Two similar topics by the OP have been merged after being moved from elsewhere, hence the general nature of many responses. As correctly stated above, the GS2 has no notification LED. You may be seeing light reflected from one of the two sensors next to the camera.
  10. Unforgiven

Ooops, um, uh, OP. Lightflow may not work for you!:D
  11. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Well-Known Member

Made me look though!!!
  12. Madaro

Madaro Active Member

Ohh...I see now but may I ask what do these sensors do ? o.o
  13. Unforgiven

OK, I was off on you having a notification light, so I'll do my best here. One should be the proximity sensor. This shuts off the screen when you hold the phone to your head to talk on the phone (I'm not sure if it does anything else, but I think this is the big one). I'm not sure what the other sensor is (I think I so, but I already messed up once so that is enough for one thread I think:)).

BTW, sorry I mislead you on the Lightflow thing. I just started using the unanswered thread, and am now answering questions from folks using phones that I am not familiar with. I didn't know your phone did not have an LED:eek:. That was my bad and if the Guides or Mods want to slap my wrist, I'll take my punishment.
    Madaro likes this.
  14. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

What, for attempting to help another member? Never! :)

Btw, thanks for taking time to check out "Unanswered Questions". It's much appreciated.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.... the second (RH) sensor is the light sensor for the auto-brightness.
    bomber12, Unforgiven and Madaro like this.
  15. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. I give people loads of rubbish advice. :D
    Unforgiven likes this.
  16. Madaro

Madaro Active Member

Thanks every1 :)
  17. CornerZEdg3

CornerZEdg3 New Member

this is not true i have the s2 and it does have a notification on the front the older ones do not but the new one do. Thanks :)
  18. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Care to share a photo of this with us please?
    :hmmmm2:
  19. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Are you sure ? I know the SGSIII does have a coloured front notification led, it's up with proximity sensor, camera and light sensor, but I've not got one on my SGSII and no SGSII I've seen has one.
  20. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member

Ok. There is NO notification LED on the SGSII. None. The proximity sensor may emit a very faint (infra red) light during a call, which is when it switches on to detect the proximity of an object, but it shouldn't be on at any other time.

If you want some form of notification then use NoLED from the market.

You can use this app. to only flash the LED soft keys by following my instructions here...