How to make the screen dim?Support

Last Updated:

1. Adlebo

Adlebo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In pitch darkness I want my screen to be really dim,in order not to get the glare etc. However even when adjusting the screen brightness level to its lowest it is still very bright for a dark light setting. Is there any way, maybe through an app, that I can make the Epic even dimmer?

Advertisement
  2. Adlebo

Adlebo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Doesn't anyone think the lowest brightness level is still pretty bright? What can we do to make it even dimmer?

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I agree that the lowest setting is still too bright. I do not know of any options to make it darker.

4. jasonsf

jasonsf New Member

I can imagine an app that simply overlays a dark screen over the current app but allows touch to go through it. If anyone has seen the full-screen weather page of Beautiful Widgets, that's the kind of screen I mean. It shows your home page through it very slightly. Is this possible? Semi-transparent screen with touch-passthrough?

5. admanb

admanb New Member

I found this thread looking for a way to dim my Epic 4G Touch beyond the lowest setting. I did some searching and found a really great FREE app that does exactly what you're describing, and in a really smart way: Screen Filter | AppBrain Android Market

Over 500k downloads, 4.5 stars, and it even has widgets you can use to preset at a dim level. Also, if you set it too dim, it will intelligently wait 10 seconds and revert the setting if you don't confirm explicitly that you want it that dim, to help prevent you from going black.

Definitely +1'd that app!

rst531 likes this.